Scooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scooters

You either love em, or you hate em. I've just had my first 4 stroke 50cc scooter experience. It was about the most fun I've had for ages. I was delivering pamphlets on it, and fuck me if it wasn't the handiest thing to have. It would 'power' through sand, mud, over boulders. Yes, it's acceleration is just not there, but no, it would just not stop moving. No matter what I threw at the bastard, that little engine kept whirring away and it just kept putting along.

I'm in love. I want one just to make short trips to mates places to get maggot. I can't stand changing gears when I'm hungover so it'll be great. I just don't know anything about them. Mine didn't seem to want to go above 50 unless down a hill. Are there any models that can hold 60 reasonably well? What are good brands? What would you reccommend?

I googled around Australian websites and everything seems to be restricted to 50km/h, although in Perth the legal limit is 60. What's the deal there?

Finally, share your own awesome whipper snipper experiences

Originally posted by polony View Post
    I googled around Australian websites and everything seems to be restricted to 50km/h, although in Perth the legal limit is 60. What's the deal there?

Finally, share your own awesome whipper snipper experiences
    all of them are restricted to 50km/h. Most can be derestricted but are worthy of a yellow licky after that.

Comment

The Kymco zx-50 is a 2 stroke 50cc scooter that is actually quite large for a 50cc. It has a 12 cm rear tyre, front disk brake and rear drum. It can cruise at about 70kph and can top out at 80kph. If I wanted a 50cc scooter thats the one I would get.
      Originally Posted by Maxo
      do people around you constantly wear their palm on their face?
      to Butters

Comment

They can be fun...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5xgM6kRJI4]YouTube - Valentino Rossi On Scooter Stunt[/ame]

Comment

Could put you in touch with a guy who's selling one of them at the end of this year if you like, he reckons he can get his to 70km but he might bullshitting.

PM if your interested, not sure on what he wants for it, but he's the first owner and it's done like 3-4000kms

Comment

My introduction to two wheels many moons ago was via a 50cc two stroke scoot.
            they are a bit of a giggle.
            Can you help with foster care?
            http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

^ wow that's pro

Comment

I was kinda hoping for a trouble free four stroker, they're really not that expensive so I'm happy to buy one new(although I wont say no to a good 2nd hand deal). I'm not expecting much faster than the one I rode, but it really didn't even hold 50k's all that well.

Comment

get a vespa..won't consider anything else if i was getting a scooter..

honda's are nice and reliable..as with the yammies..but vespas have more character and are just as trustworthy..they have bulletproof engines those ones..

Originally posted by HotelBushranger
                  Talked to some chick today at the village that rides a GPX 250. Wasn't very friendly though, must have crabs.

Comment

what would be the upshot of having a honda ct110 as opposed to a scooter? or vice versa? I would personally want to go a postie bike if I could instead of a scooter. Storage space?

Comment

My Mate had a Pagron peddle type scooter many years ago! it was so much fun! untill he tried to jump it and it broke in half! Damn Shame!
                      I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

Comment

My Vespa 250 is the best thing for getting around town when I just want to function and am not riding for fun.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

My kids learnt about the road on scooters. The most recent one was a PGO Gypsy. It was well made and did more than 60 on the flat. They are fun to ride around the burbs.

Comment

Ive seen some pretty crazy scooters in Europe. I remember I was walking around the street when i saw this crazy crazy scooter smoking it up the street and doing drifts around corners and stuff. It was actually pretty funny because u think its just another scooter but then they get some crazy engines in them and they go pretty hard.
                            ZippySig.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gordan View Post
                              Ive seen some pretty crazy scooters in Europe. I remember I was walking around the street when i saw this crazy crazy scooter smoking it up the street and doing drifts around corners and stuff. It was actually pretty funny because u think its just another scooter but then they get some crazy engines in them and they go pretty hard.
                              In contrast to the one I was riding that wouldnt even spin the tyres in soft sand^_^

Comment

Working...
                              X