Ebay Fairings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Fairings

Just wondering if anyone has bought from this store on ebay before.
    If so how good are the fairings, do they line up well and have you had any problems with them.

Cheers.

eBay Store - Mung88: CBR1000RR, CBR600RR, GSX-R600 750
    If its got wheels or tits, you know it's gonna be trouble. ^_^

as a general rule, no matter how well the seller says they fit like OEM, they will give you a bit of trouble in one way or another.

If you are buying them, have a drill, dremel and a heatgun ready when you're fitting them because guaranteed they will not line up 100%.

Comment

Speak to Grantlington, Igs and Lefty.
      They've all bought ebay fairings, and can tell you about the fit.

In short, WVbroomS. Minimum is a Dremel and drill.
      c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

yep. and budget for at least 5 or 6 hours if you are doing them for the first time.

It takes me about 4 hours to do a set now and i've done them 4 times. And thats with the dremel and drill.
        As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

'Soul' - Italian word for unreliability.

For a way to start racing cheap, go here > http://supermotowa.com

Comment

Yep what Grant said, pretty sure I bought my set from Mung88 and took bit of fiddling about and trips to bunnnings until I could get them to fit, still not 100% happy with the nose but its as good as its going to get.

They look good from a distance but your always going to find little problems up close.
          In Kazakhstan if you want sugar in your coffee you ask for Kunt

Comment

any recommended seller?
            i guess there will be some variation in quality between the few?

@grant: did you fit them to your r1?

Comment

i got my set from that seller.

there are a few little sections that dont fit properly and the tail section didnt have any mounts for the taillight or the lock for the pillion seat.

with a bit of messing around i got them all fitted but they have never fit like the oem fairings. Even with the heat shield that they came with the section around the exhaust headers has started to melt.

id say they are ok for the price, but definately not oem quality. read the fine print also, I waited about 6 weeks for delivery on mine.
              TV Antennas - Home theatre installations - TV's wall mounted - Phone and data cabling - TV reception service & repairs - Much more...
              Discounts for PSB members
              ----------
              [email protected] - Ph: 0415 425 524 - or PM me

Comment

You also will need a mate to assist in the fitting process.
                (226): Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Comment

And at least one bottle of spirits + mixers, and probably a carton of beer. And a mobile phone to call for Dominos.
                  c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

I am waiting for mine (not so patiently), i have ordered from A guy called Patrick he is in QLD. He uses the Hong Kong Fairings.
                    His email if you want to ask any questions
                    [email protected]
                    Hope he can help he has been more than helpful for me. And he was slightly cheaper than ebay. If he asks I ordered kit for 96 GSXR.
                    Cheers
                    Mongoose

Comment

There are plenty of better places to buy from.

Comment

i didnt buy mine, they were already on the bike, they do look good from a distance, but as fb said if you look closely you will notcie they dont quite line up properly,,
                        Bones heal, chicks dig scars, pain is temporary, but glory lasts forever.

afterall, a bit of pain never hurt anyone!

Comment

MotoCC - UK

I think it's Darren you ask for. I know of a few people that have ordered some through them and been very, very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by MRK View Post
                            MotoCC - UK

I think it's Darren you ask for. I know of a few people that have ordered some through them and been very, very happy.
                            Interesting website. They claim 95% to 98% similarity to oem...

to those that run HongKong fairings, how much would you rate them in terms of similarity? (Shape).

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeymikemike View Post
                              any recommended seller?
                              i guess there will be some variation in quality between the few?

@grant: did you fit them to your r1?
                              yeah mate,

3 times on my r1 and once on a mates r1
                              As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

'Soul' - Italian word for unreliability.

For a way to start racing cheap, go here > http://supermotowa.com

Comment

Working...
                              X