Braided lines suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braided lines suggestions.

I guess I'm just trying to convince myself i is a good idea...

This is for a ZZR250

I go a new brake rotor coming, as well as a rebuilt kit for the caliper. So would it make a big difference to finish ii off with some galfer braided line? I know that braided lines are a good mod but just wondering if I'm wasting my money on a 2pot single disk system.

Would rebuilding the master cylinder make a big different?

Thanks for any advice.

P.s before anyone says save your money for a big bike, this bike (zzr250) will stay even after I get my R's as it is my brothers bike too, and he still wants to learn.

Is the suspension on the ZZR as bad as the GPX? If so, then you will need to fix it before you try to upgrade the brakes.

My issue is that when I get hard on the brakes, my suspension bottoms out. This means that there is nothing left to absorb bumps in the road, and the tyre bounces and skids intermittantly. No amount of brake upgrading will allow me to stop any faster until I mod my suspension.

Comment

If you want to spend the money, how about looking into a twin disc setup like on the GPX250R (I believe it was called)?

You'd probably get a slight improvement in feel... But nothing drastic.

polony- How about different fork oil? The GS500s have that problem too.

Comment

IMHO I would spend the required amount to make the repairs to brakes..

Save the rest of the $$ for new/er bike when time is right..

Comment

jules- He's planning on keeping the bike.

If I was going back to a ZZR250, I'd be very tempted to remove the centre stand as a "performance mod". As nice as it was to have at some times, it puts a fair bit of a limit on the bike's handling...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryven View Post
            jules- He's planning on keeping the bike.

If I was going back to a ZZR250, I'd be very tempted to remove the centre stand as a "performance mod". As nice as it was to have at some times, it puts a fair bit of a limit on the bike's handling...

Oh OK..

Go the braided line then, also look for a later sport bike Master...
            Can only help..

Comment

Originally posted by polony View Post
              Is the suspension on the ZZR as bad as the GPX? If so, then you will need to fix it before you try to upgrade the brakes.

My issue is that when I get hard on the brakes, my suspension bottoms out. This means that there is nothing left to absorb bumps in the road, and the tyre bounces and skids intermittantly. No amount of brake upgrading will allow me to stop any faster until I mod my suspension.
              Well technically the suspension is a little little bit better on the zzr ( As i have read, and it uses 1mm bigger tubes), althought that should probably make sweet fuck all different.

Didn't really think about the suspension really. I haven' been ''hard'' on the brakes for months now as my rotor has faded. First step would be to use different fork oil before going any further I guess.

Originally posted by Ryven View Post
              If you want to spend the money, how about looking into a twin disc setup like on the GPX250R (I believe it was called)?

You'd probably get a slight improvement in feel... But nothing drastic.
              Hehe twin brakes would be awesome... but that would involve way to much $$, not worth it.

The lines are not really that expensive. Around 120$ or so. If at least improves the feel it might be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xuaxace View Post
                Hehe twin brakes would be awesome... but that would involve way to much $$, not worth it.

The lines are not really that expensive. Around 120$ or so. If at least improves the feel it might be worth it.
                I was thinking more so seeing how hard/easy it is to do, and checking wreckers than all new parts.

If I had have planned on keeping my ZZR, I'd have looked into it... But I wasn't, so I didn't bother delving too far into mods.

Comment

rebuild the master cylinder and the caliper then go to perth brake parts and get a new brake line made. if you want to spend the extra $$$ then go braided but i doubt you would see a difference between the 2 new lines.
                  IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

Will do , master and caliper first, I will see how it goes after that. Wonder when was the last time those were rebuilt on my bike.

Thanks for the advice people

Comment

i had a zzr250
                      braided lines are not the best use of your money
                      moX

Comment

save your money dude...

Comment

Done,.. I think I will end up spending the money rebuilding the forks .

Comment

Working...
                          X