the BAC myth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the BAC myth

according to drink driving advertisments, a 'man' if they want to tstay under 0.05BAC may drink 2 standard drinks in the first hour, 1 every hour after that

a woman something less than that, if she isnt heavier than whatever a woman thinks is their ideal weight or whatever

however, i recently had a look in the L plate learner book- and it says a man can process 1 standard drink per hour, which is 0.01BAC

which means you can actually have 5 standard drinks in the 1st hour, then 1 every hour after that and stay under 0.05BAC

if you are a man

and if you over 30-ish.. you are allowed to be 0.08BAC

yeah
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

really? If i was to have 5 drinks in an hour i believe i would be over.

Also does it say in the learner book that a standerd drink consumed by an average man will put him at 0.01BAC .

smells like a troll to me...
    IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

different strokes for different folks.

I'd heckle at saying you'd need to be well over 100+kgs to be able to consume 5 std drinks in the first hour.
      Have you won the game recently?? Post here

Comment

yes it does.. the book has gotten heaps bigger than when i read it last.

lots of useful information

5 middies of midstrength is 5 standard drinks anything less than that in the first hour is uhh sure to pass the booze bus

edit: for me
        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Go with that theory dude . Let us know how you get on at the next RBT won't you.
            RR VRT #100
            Sponsors Wanted.
            Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
            A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

Originally posted by robwas View Post
              Go with that theory dude . Let us know how you get on at the next RBT won't you.
              ive been working on this theory ever since a cop told me i blew 0.02 after downing 2x double scotches and jumping in a car (in the first hour)- so i figure i short changed my metabolism 2x double scotches

(in fact, the only time ive ever blown over was at 9am 5 minutes after brushing my teeth)

Comment

If you drank and then jumped straight in the car, you would be blowing far under what your BAC would actually be once your body processed the alcohol, would you not?

If you've just drunk, you may find that a blood test ( or second breatho) actually has a higher reading.

So just because you passed the breatho, you weren't necessarily ok to drive (assuming 0.05 is unsafe).
                Originally posted by Dragunov-21
                If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Wrong there matey.

If you had 5std drinks in one hour, you wouldn't be back under the limit for 3 or so hours, that's assuming you drank no alcohol in those 3 hours.

It is correct that a male can have 2 std drinks in first hour, then 1 every subsequent hour to remain under the limit. Women I think is 1 in first hour, then 1 every subsequent. But yes weight/food consumption etc do come into it.

This information is going by my RSA study, which was done a while ago, so don't quote me 100%, but i'm pretty sure it's the go.

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
                  according to drink driving advertisments, a 'man' if they want to tstay under 0.05BAC may drink 2 standard drinks in the first hour, 1 every hour after that

a woman something less than that, if she isnt heavier than whatever a woman thinks is their ideal weight or whatever

however, i recently had a look in the L plate learner book- and it says a man can process 1 standard drink per hour, which is 0.01BAC

which means you can actually have 5 standard drinks in the 1st hour, then 1 every hour after that and stay under 0.05BAC

if you are a man

yeah

Comment

Originally posted by MRK View Post
                    Wrong there matey.

If you had 5std drinks in one hour, you wouldn't be back under the limit for 3 or so hours, that's assuming you drank no alcohol in those 3 hours.

It is correct that a male can have 2 std drinks in first hour, then 1 every subsequent hour to remain under the limit. Women I think is 1 in first hour, then 1 every subsequent. But yes weight/food consumption etc do come into it.

This information is going by my RSA study, which was done a while ago, so don't quote me 100%, but i'm pretty sure it's the go.
                    ^^^This is pretty much it.

There are other factors that come into play like weight, metabolisim and what you've had to eat.

I'll stop there because other wise I could go on for hours about this.
                    Originally posted by Jamathi
                    I might be a "Racist"
                    Edited for clarity.

Comment

what does being over 30 have to do with your BAC?
                      Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

g0zer: they have to advertise things as being at the low end of the scale, for those people who have a low tolerance to alcohol. the last thing they want is somebody bleating that they followed the guidelines and still got done for pissy driving.

So of course there is quite a bit of leeway built into it.
                        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

You have to keep in mind though that most drinks that we have are not one standard drink. 1 Standard drink is any amount of liquid 100 g of alcohol, an amount that would take the most average of average livers one hour to get rid of. Most stubbies are at least 1.4 to about 1.9 standard drinks, wines about the same.

In other words, there's a huge difference between having 2 standard drinks in the first hour, or between having 2 drinks in the first hour (which may put you at actually over 3 standard drinks).
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
                            I'm sorry, what?

Comment

I firmly believe that we should have sobriety tests, in conjunction with a breath test. I for one am very confident driving after having 2 standard drinks in an hour, even though i may technically be over the limit. However this will present more work for the popo, which they won't like im sure!
                              It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
                              X