Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Edition GSXR 750, How many are left

Guys,

Got a 1989 Limited Edition GSXR 750, Black and Silver. I also have the original Two Wheels article stating that only 200 were imported into Australia. I would be dead curious to know how many are left still.

And on that note, how come it is soo easy to determine how collectable your average muscle car is, yet so many bikes are more rare but impossible to value???

Eracer

No idea the question begs though what makes it a limited edition? we had a bit of this colour paint left and the paint shop so we'll use it on a run of bike and stick limited edition stickers on them?

The car world has a larger market and more train spotters muscle cars have only really taken off in the last ten years or so. But if you had a Phase III GTHO in a bike MV Agusta 750 Americana springs to mind its realtively easy but what you have is a rally pack or a GS, ie its not the fully monty that everyone wants and no one is sure if its specail enough to be an also ran. Someone had a like to a GSXR750 history online somewhere might be worth plugging into google and see what it spits out.
    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Got any pics, They did make a special rr version had an alloy tank dry clutch.

Comment

Suzuki GSX-R750 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

On this same topic, is there a way to find out how many of those black and green cbr600's they bought into Aus and how many are in each state? I have done a quick google search but found nothing, just wondering if you guys are in the know with a site
          Originally posted by browncow
          Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

Originally posted by malenko View Post
            On this same topic, is there a way to find out how many of those black and green cbr600's they bought into Aus and how many are in each state? I have done a quick google search but found nothing, just wondering if you guys are in the know with a site
            You might have more luck in the cbr forum's.

Comment

Your GSXR is as common as sluts in Rockingham.

Better sell it to me for a cheap price and walk away.
              You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

You wouldn't know what to do with either

Comment

I have seen a few of the black and silver 1100 bikes.
                  Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Originally posted by eracer View Post
                    Guys,

Got a 1989 Limited Edition GSXR 750, Black and Silver. I also have the original Two Wheels article stating that only 200 were imported into Australia. I would be dead curious to know how many are left still.

Eracer
                    Can you post up a piccie ? If its the model i am thinking of its only a "sticker an paint limited " they did something similar with the 1100 the year after , ( aussie flag on the ducktail model ) thats not to say it worthless or anything it will hold slightly better value to a suzuki fan than the standard model . As for how many are left how knows ? I've seen about 3 in wreckers yards personally .

The 89 RR that Debaser posted is where the dollars are at
                    In The PSB Garage http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...vehicle&id=114
                    The build/tidy thread http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...how-tos-56314/

Comment

In terms of your GSXR, try this site. I used this for my Kat and it appears quite informative

Suzuki GSX motorcycle models

May have some info about your model, worth a look in any case.

Comment

Thread title edited:

eracer, please be more specific with your thread title in future.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Deej

You are obviously the/a moderator. Not sure how much more specific I could be?

Thanks for the links and the info. I will endevour to go to rockingham and count the number of sluts I see. That should give me a good estimate of the number of limited GSXR there are.

Comment

Deej is

Originally posted by Melkor
                            The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Hi Eracer I've just bought a 1989 gsxr750 special edition...

From what I can tell the bike is a 1990 model (ie with upside down forks- not sure if its got the 1990 model longer stroke engine aswell) with 1990 graphics but in the black and silver colours...

I guess this is what makes it special edition for 1989- the fact that it was a '90 model sold in '89 with special paint.

Not knowing too much about the special edition (not much info around that i can find) does this sound the same as your bike?

I'll post some pics when I get pick up the bike next week if you'll do the same to enable us both to compare?

Also, you say you've got a Two Wheels article about the special edition- what issue mag was this so i can try and get a copy myself? Failing that, would you be willing to scan a copy of the article and email to me?

Mark.

Comment

Working...
                              X