Cb1100f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cb1100f

I tried the search function, so forgive me if it's a repost.

Can't find much details on it, but found a little article on Hell for leather

"MCN is reporting that the CB1100F, first seen at the Tokyo Motor Show in October, will be put into production in 2009. They go on to report that the US will be the first market in which the big, air-cooled retro is offered. We like the CB1100F but are really holding our breath for its sportier cousin, the CB1100R."

Honda CB1100F set for production in 2009 - Hell For Leather

I don't really know why, but I absolutely love it, reminds me of a big CB400SF which I also like for some unknown reason.

Ohh YES!!
    That WILLsell and be a huge hit!

Comment

I like the looks of it, specially the brushed battery cover and the rear fender.

Comment

Originally posted by Xuaxace View Post
        I like the looks of it, specially the brushed battery cover and the rear fender.
        Eh watch Honda water it down so much for production the bits that made it special won't be there.
        Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

mcn has just put these pics up and is claiming this is the production spec cb1100.
          They are also sayn that honda are gona produce some accessories to make it look more like a cafe racer.
          Attached Files
          "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

Originally posted by SOLID View Post
            mcn has just put these pics up and is claiming this is the production spec cb1100.
            They are also sayn that honda are gona produce some accessories to make it look more like a cafe racer.
            Look they might but as far as MCN is concerned where is the V5 honda fireblade/VFR (it changes every now and then) that was going to be released 5 no wait 3 um hang on last year no wait its comming next year gone?
            Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Definitely love the looks of this, bit oldschool!

Comment

I can't put my finger on it, but the production model seems a bit bland compared to the concept. It's only the little details, but now it just looks a bit droopy bummed.
                Concept was hot, prouction one just leaves me a bit cold.
                Can you help with foster care?
                http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

I'm with RogerAssplosion. The first photo made me go "ooh". The second made me go "oh".
                  Insert witty comment here

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson View Post
                    I'm with RogerAssplosion. The first photo made me go "ooh". The second made me go "oh".
                    +1

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
                      Look they might but as far as MCN is concerned where is the V5 honda fireblade/VFR (it changes every now and then) that was going to be released 5 no wait 3 um hang on last year no wait its comming next year gone?
                      Thats what mcn do they are journalists!
                      It was more a point of discussion as we all want to c how much of what we liked about the concept will b thrown away. That pic already shows us that it has a dif engine to the concept and has reg brakes. Still looks ok, hasnt lost all its apeal.
                      "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

oooh look ....an interesting Honda....nah nah ...fooled ya :-)

Comment

uh..

nah.

Which also seems to be what the designers said when they got half way through.
                          If you don't believe me cover the tank and headlight with your hand, then take it away, then put it back, then take it away..

Comment

So they are considering binning the CB1000R due to sales right?

I guess they may have been looking for another style of naked. The concept looked sexy, the end product...not so much IMO

The main thing is, it looks way old school without being old school which never made much sense to me.

Comment

^^^^^
                              Huge market for these things.
                              Big Modern Retros (or UJM)are brilliant All rounders. Although they don't have a single major standout feature, (looks aside-so,so pretty) they don't do anything badly.
                              I can commute and tour in comfort on my zed, as well as hustle it rather quickly through the corners without any nervousness. Bikes really have only become so focused towards outright performance at the expence of practicality and comfort in the past 15 odd years.
                              Can you help with foster care?
                              http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Working...
                              X