• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorpion Exhaust & DB Killer

Hi guys.

I just received a Scorpion Exhaust from States which was a Great Deal
    US$300.
    As you can imagine I was really excited and I put that on straight away.
    However, it turns out that the noise level was way above my limit and i am afraid of getting yellow stickers by our good friends(Cops....)
    after bit of research I noticed Scorpion makes DB killer (a baffle) and my question is, if you buy scorpion does it usually come with baffle or u gonna have to order separately? and if so how much did u pay for them?

thanks heaps guys!

I'm pretty sure the DB killer is only standard in EU markets to meet their laws. I got mine from the States without DB killers (the extra noise hasnt bothered me though), but they do have "Race use only" etched just below the outlets. I think you should be able to buy them from the UK though.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedTrip View Post
      I'm pretty sure the DB killer is only standard in EU markets to meet their laws. I got mine from the States without DB killers (the extra noise hasnt bothered me though), but they do have "Race use only" etched just below the outlets. I think you should be able to buy them from the UK though.
      Thanks Speed Trip. Do you know if its legal riding without DB killer here in WA?

Anyone else purchased Scorpion from local dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by evo6_tme View Post
        Thanks Speed Trip. Do you know if its legal riding without DB killer here in WA?
        On your bikes compliance plate it will have a db level for the stock exhaust. If your new exhaust is louder than that it is illegal.
        Feels good man.

Comment

but that means most if not all aftermarket exhaust no? i know for the gixxer that even a top quality full system like yoshi will have higher dB count than stock even with a baffle on

Comment

everything aftermarket is illegal...
            sigpic
            http://www.caschibye.it/page/curiosita.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Mex View Post
              everything aftermarket is illegal...

not everything......

Yoshi have a couple of different types. Some are EPA approved and come with a sticker.

I have tried to get a permit for a modified exhaust on a bike and i got a straight up " we don't do any permits for bikes" responce from the pits.

The approved Yoshi ones are quiter and do not have FOR RACE USE ONLY stamped on them.
              Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Evo , whack it on and ride it. If you get pulled over , act apologetic , say you didn't realise because of your helmet, and that the shop said it was ok .Should hopefully see you through until you update to your new bike in a few years!!
                Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

The louder the better

Loud bikes are heard, and thats what u want.
                  ZippySig.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ducnell View Post
                    Evo , whack it on and ride it. If you get pulled over , act apologetic , say you didn't realise because of your helmet, and that the shop said it was ok .Should hopefully see you through until you update to your new bike in a few years!!
                    yeah, for sure thats how i will b acting in case i get pulled over.
                    Just gone to work and back with this new exhaust on and realized the noise it makes is beyond my limit and without ear plug i get headache. I donno if anyone actually can stand that noise level.... its as loud as airplane but deeper tone.

Comment

Working...
                    X