Brake rotors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake rotors?

so upon a strip down and good inspection i believe that pne of my rotors is slightly warped (approx 1.5mm) and makes a horrible rubbing sound. it does not seem to have affected braking at all as far as i can tell.

now who would have thought rotors would be so damn expensive, anyway the question is what brands are good and which are bad, do wavy/aftermarket rotors have any benifit over stock (like they claim) or do i jsut stick with some ebay/ new stock ones?

the brands

NEW TRIUMPH SPEED TRIPLE WAVY FRONT DISCS & PADS 06-07 on eBay (end time 01-Oct-09 08:33:22 BST)

Triumph Speed Triple 1050 Galfer Front Brake Rotor - British Customs

ABM Front Semi-Floating Brake Rotor for Triumph Motorcycles - British Customs

and of course stock which are $317 USD from bike bandit.

or are there any other brands i dont know of.

cheers alex
    sigpic
    Its so small

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...e_view&id=9156

Before going into everything else, Do you feel the lever pulsating when you are applying the brake?

Comment

Try the dubso industry ones? They still going?
      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Originally posted by Xuaxace View Post
        Before going into everything else, Do you feel the lever pulsating when you are applying the brake?
        as ive said, there doesnt seem to feel like there is anything wrong...but upon the visual inspection of the caliper and the rotor there is wear present and i have a tendancy to enjoy pushing the limits so i like to ensure that my bike is in the best mechanical shape possible .

Originally posted by Semi View Post
        Try the dubso industry ones? They still going?
        hmm are they that would be sweet if dubs had some, unfortunately they are for S3...allthough they could be a match with the gsxr 1000 as alot the othe front end parts are interchangeable.
        sigpic
        Its so small

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...e_view&id=9156

Comment

Originally posted by lo1ux View Post
          as ive said, there doesnt seem to feel like there is anything wrong...but upon the visual inspection of the caliper and the rotor there is wear present and i have a tendancy to enjoy pushing the limits so i like to ensure that my bike is in the best mechanical shape possible .

Hmm I see, I'm very certain that if the rotor was warped you would feel it.
          Have you checked the wearing tolerances on the rotor, maybe it is worn out and gives the visual effect of the disk to be warped (happened to mine). The manual should give you the tolerances.

Comment

Working...
          X