bike alarm systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bike alarm systems

Who has an alarm system on their bike and how does it work.

I was looking at the scorpio SR-i900 system and was wondering what your thoughts are on it, and if that remote is water proof ie, if I have it on my keyring and get caught in a tsunami will it short out and render my alarm and bike useless?
    Originally posted by browncow
    Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

i found a youtube video on it, dont know if its any help

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FG8MNZ8ow8]YouTube - Scorpio alarm SR-I900[/ame]

Comment

Have the good ole Carbon13cheapaschips alarm on mine. There are still a few kicking around. Apart from the atrocious installation chinglish instructions, this thing works well.

But the remote stays in the pocket with my phone etc - I think it would be about as water resistant as, say, tissue paper.

Fortunately, having installed it myself, I understand what's required to bypass if the need ever arose.
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

That was a pretty cool youtube video, hadn't seen that one yet, seems that if you sneeze with in 100m of it it will go off, i might be getting one of them for meh big bike
        Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

I have the SR-i900 system On my Ninja 250R 09, its awesome!!!

Comment

Did you install it yourself, and who did you buy it from and how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking

Comment

Go speak to DUBS and grab one of his alarms
              Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
              1985 - 2009

Comment

Where can I find details on his alarms, I will support the locals if I can

Comment

Dubs Industries Security 2
                  Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
                  1985 - 2009

Comment

yeah for $75 I think thats a pretty good deal

Dubs, I will shoot you a pm when I get the new bike

Comment

Originally posted by malenko View Post
                      Who has an alarm system on their bike and how does it work.

I was looking at the scorpio SR-i900 system and was wondering what your thoughts are on it, and if that remote is water proof ie, if I have it on my keyring and get caught in a tsunami will it short out and render my alarm and bike useless?
                      If you lose, smash or otherwise destroy your remote on the i900, you can disable the system with a series of indicator switch movements (left, right, left, left, left, right, etc... you get the idea) that you program in when installing it.
                      such comment
                      wow
                      many post

Comment

Originally posted by malenko View Post
                        yeah for $75 I think thats a pretty good deal

Dubs, I will shoot you a pm when I get the new bike
                        cool

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                        If you lose, smash or otherwise destroy your remote on the i900, you can disable the system with a series of indicator switch movements (left, right, left, left, left, right, etc... you get the idea) that you program in when installing it.
                        Cam you sure this isnt a [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbPXv7YhB3Y"]Mortal Combat finishing move[/ame]?

Dubs

Comment

Hmmmm....I wonder how that system would work on my Harley.
                          Originally posted by Jamathi
                          I might be a "Racist"
                          Edited for clarity.

Comment

I have a Gorilla alarm installed to my bike, its got current drop, shock sensor, and a tilt sensor that triggers if your bike is tilted off the side stand. also has pre warning chirp, to warn off anyone who even slightly touches your bike

the 120 decibel siren is fully programable, and the can be isolated IE the shock sensor for times when you are parked on heavy traffic roads.

comes completed with two button remote control and a paging remote that works for half a mile from the bike.

I imported these from the states a few months ago and have three left for sale.

unfortunately they are a little more than Dubs $75 dollar alarm, but if anyone is interested drop me a PM

Comment

Go for Dubs' alarm - highly recommended. Been running a SPY 2way for over a year now - no dramas at all.
                              Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via
                              For The Tenacious, No Road Is Impassable

Comment

Working...
                              X