Limp Wristed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limp Wristed

Gday all, I have an issue which I hope may be solved on here...
    I ride an 848 Duc , and bugger me if the clutch doesn't give me grief. I have waited until I got 'used' to it , but to no avail .I ride all the time , and on different bikes, my job also means that I 'claw' constantly , so the strength is there.
    However , after a reasonably short time , my wrist pull goes into 'failure' and with a considerable amount of pain .Most of the people I ask say that the clutch is extremely tight , so I beleive i am not being a puss. It has gone from an inconvenience to down right dangerous!
    Is there a way to soften it up without affecting the performance or life of the hydraulics??
    Signed Butterwrist...
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Aftermarket slave cyclinders are fairly easy to find. They'll reduce the effort required to pull the lever. Vee Two had some at a very good price on the 'bay recently.
    Please, call me Flash...

Comment

Cheers , thanks Harry, however does this affect warranty in any way??
      Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

hi mine feels as light as have you compared another 848 ?

Comment

For me wanking both left and right handed on alternate nights builds adequate strength for both throttle and clutch application. But then again riding Japanese makes for stronger testicles and pheremone output, compared with your average Ducky rider.

In all seriousness Ducnell, I second Flash's comment above mate.
          I conform with non-conformists.

Comment

Have to admit RHarris , I haven't tried another 848, but quite a few other bikes, from large cruisers , to R1's, 250's ect, and mine is WAY tougher to engage. Maybe I am just soft...
            And Charlie, I am now masturbating furiously in the hope that I devolope those rippling biceps!! Thanks for your help..

Comment

Clutchless shift?

Comment

"Clutchless shift?" -ok when moving , not so good at the lights. [which are slow as frick round my way]

Comment

Numerous slave cylinders are available, plus you don't want to wank too much as you might get one -eyed like some Japanese riders
                  DUCATI 999S R.I.P.

Comment

How many klms have you done? The wet clutch on the 848 is only a little lighter than a dry clutch.
                    DUCATI 999S R.I.P.

Comment

Have you got the lever at a comfortable angle, I always have to tilt mine down a bit for some reason otherwise my wrist is cocked.
                      -

Comment

Do you have the clutch lever at the right level?
                        You should be able to reach your lever without raising your fingers uncomfortably high.
                        -JC-

^^^beat me to it
                        Last edited by -JC-; 28-09-2009, 11:25 PM. Reason: too slow

Comment

Has done 850 k's, and the angle SEEMS ok, but am hesitant to root around with it seeing it's new. Will get Frazers to have a look at 1000k service. Cheers everyone for your help and wise suggestions...

Comment

Err..below vvvvv

Comment

Originally posted by Ducnell View Post
                              Have to admit RHarris , I haven't tried another 848, but quite a few other bikes, from large cruisers , to R1's, 250's ect, and mine is WAY tougher to engage. Maybe I am just soft...
                              And Charlie, I am now masturbating furiously in the hope that I devolope those rippling biceps!! Thanks for your help..

Haha, thats the way. Good to hear you have a sense of humour

Comment

Working...
                              X