Mini GPS Tracking Real Time Live Vehicle Tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini GPS Tracking Real Time Live Vehicle Tracker

Bikes get stolen, whether they were locked, alarmed or immobilized, if your bike is gone its gone. So what do you guys think of this device ?? You can find it on ebay for around $ 120. Is this the ultimate bike recovery tool ??? Does anyone got one fitted ? Would love to hear some opinions. If it works, I reckon its awesome for the price.

Spy Mini GPS Tracking Real Time Live Vehicle Tracker

Working Based on existing GSM/GPRS network and GPS satellites, this product can locate and monitor
    any remote targets by SMS or internet. this item include Latest GPS Tracker Software(Latest Ver )
    No Contract, No Activation Fee, No Software use Fee,
    This item include:
    Weatherproof Case For GPS Trackers
    High Strengthj Magnetic Mount
    GPS Tracker Management Center Software (For PC)

FEATURES:

* Support non-server based location
    * Location memorization
    * Auto location report
    * Authorize/delete the tracking phone number
    * Covert alert & voice surveillance
    * Geo-Fence: alert in case of breaching the predefined district
    * Movement alert: alert in case of movement
    * Speed alert: alert in case of excess of the predefinded speed
    * Power alert: alert when device is being switched off

HOW IT WORKS
    Simply insert a GSM sim card into the GPS unit. Whenever you call the unit it will respond with the coordinates of its location thru a SMS message. You can then use these coordinates on any mapping software (for example google earth) which will show where exactly the unit is located.

With some little setup, you can also have the device to send the data directly to a computer thru GPRS and display its location on a map with our bundled software for real-time location tracking.

For more detailed instruction, you can click the following link to see the menu:
    General Menu (General setup & tracking thru SMS)
    Menu for the PC Tracking Application

SPECIFICATION:

* Dimensions: 64mm x 46mm x 17mm (1.8''*2.5''*0.65'')
    * Band: 850/ 900/1800/1900Mhz or 900/1800/1900Mhz
    * Network: GSM/GPRS;
    * GPS Chip: SIRF3 Chip;
    * GPS Sensitivity: -159dBm;
    * GPS accuracy: 5m;
    * Weight: 50g;
    * Time to First Fix: Cold status 45s, Warm status 35s,Hot status 1s;
    * Car Charge: 12-24V input, 5V output;
    * Wall Charger: 110-220V input, 5V output;
    * Battery: Chargeable Changeable 3.7V, 800mAh Li-ion battery;
    * Standby Time: 96 hours;
    The dream had vanished, Unfortunately the lifestyle remained.

link???

Comment

link to ebay sale?
      interested

Comment

Standby time is 4 days. That is pretty shit as it would chew threw the battery when turned on and probably only last a few hours. It will only send SMS messages (GPS coordinates) unless it is hooked up to the battery.

If you connect it to the battery that just makes it easier to find/disarm.

Comment

also found this one,
          Spy City - Trackstick Mini
          (main difference: 360 degree GPS antenna so it can work anywhere
          Price:
          AUD$395.00
          The dream had vanished, Unfortunately the lifestyle remained.

Comment

Useless. You have to dowload the travel information off the stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Jogy View Post
              also found this one,
              Spy City - Trackstick Mini
              (main difference: 360 degree GPS antenna so it can work anywhere
              Price:
              AUD$395.00
              Couldn't find whether you can get a GPS position from a remote location or not though (happy to be proven wrong). Seems like you have to plug it into your computer to get the details.

EDIT: Beaten ^

Comment

Gotta mate who sells GPS tracking stuff. He tells me that he sells a personal tracker for $299 that is battery powered. Don't know the other details.
                Call John (0408 912 319).

Comment

I still reckon your better off putting your $$$ into securing the bike properly at home and having good comprehensive insurance. Yes it can still happen, but such is life. Also, anything that relies on a mobile phone network is extremely limited in usefulness imho.

Comment

If the crim takes your bike, first thing they will do is remove the funny looking antenna. Also keep in mind the cost of keeping the SIM connected to the mobile network. Ie, going to need some kind of mobile plan. Thirdly, it uses GSM. How long till GSM gets phased out?

Comment

If anyones interested i can get these: Carminder - GPS Tracking System
                      They used to do a "bike minder" but have dropped it from the range, apparently they say i can add a tilt switch to the car minder which makes it the same as the ol bike minder was. they're not cheap, price depends on numbers, PM me if your interested, if i get enough response i will start a thread get numbers and get prices, as a rough estamate you might be looking around $600 - $700 but it comes with a tax invoice warrenty ect
                      I know i cant spell, please don't feel the need to correct me

Comment

Granted that the cheapest way is not to get your bike stolen :-) getting it covered with proper insurance is also imp though 'cos if it is stolen you still have the hassle of putting in a claim and waiting to get it sorted out. If u use ur bike to get to work then that's a pain in the butt!

Spoke to my mate John and he says that the SIM is on a $5 pm plan so that's pretty cheap and he tells me that there is no external antenna so you can hide the unit well. He can also source carminder, but reckons his unit is as good at tracking (no tilt switch tho). i gotta GMS phone and a friend @ Telstra reckons its good to go till 2012 (not my opinion, but her opinion - so don't blame me if Telstra change their mind). The point of phone coverage is valid but may-b something is better than nothing....

horses for courses I guess.

Comment

i likey

i wonder why cops dont use these devices to sting theives in known hotspots
                          Originally posted by Bendito
                          If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Working...
                          X