Running in a new bike..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running in a new bike..?

Hi guys.. just thought i post a questions to get ppls experience with running in a relatively new bike.. i just acquire a cbr600rr, 2008, done 3k, wat speed am i limit to and till 'how many kms' m i suppose to do..before i get to a higher speed limit" to not kill the engine long term?.. appreciate your experiences and thoughts.. in advance..

there's quite a few threads on the topic, can't be bothered digging them up for you, just use the search button
    www.duane-watson.com

Comment

3k? ride the bike how you want now.

Comment

Yep, as said, ride it like you normally ride...

Comment

Originally posted by DC* View Post
          Hi guys.. just thought i post a questions to get ppls experience with running in a relatively new bike.. i just acquire a cbr600rr, 2008, done 3k, wat speed am i limit to and till 'how many kms' m i suppose to do..before i get to a higher speed limit" to not kill the engine long term?.. appreciate your experiences and thoughts.. in advance..
          It's run in at 1K

Comment

3k..... ride it like you stole it. the only limit is you.
            Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ew-bike-91052/

Comment

DC the engineering these days is so good that it is almost not necessary to "run in" At 3k you are well and truly run in, now don't baby it too much or the bike will be "lazy" Enjoy!!

Comment

thrash it out of the box

Comment

coolio.. thanks guys.. some one told me 5k or 8k!! before doing above 140khph!! geez.. thank goodness for you guys!

Comment

Look up the motoman method (google it)

I use that.

The theory is sound, and he has results to back it up.

Just keep an eye on engine temp, and if starts getting hot, give it a rest
                      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by arwon View Post
                        3k..... ride it like you stole it. the only limit is you.

Hmmm Grinchy ran his FZ1 in at the Motorplex with 60k and I mean the 60 kilometers it took to get there.

Gr.....
                        http://www.motorsportpics.net

Comment

ride it like u stole it..... 3k!!!!! are u kidding me!

haha

it aint gonna get any more run in that it is now...

lol

go have fun

Comment

Working...
                          X