Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chicken strips front but not rear And Traction

Hey

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this means about my riding style, i have chicken strips on the front but none on the rear.

the front is a pilot power, rear is Pirelli Sport Demon

thanks

edit: Also i find rarely when i am corning hard and leaning over, my rear loses traction and starts to slide, now i haven't taken note what gear i am. what could cause this? could it be that i have good suspension up front and crappy stock in the rear?
    Last edited by Kaido; 30-09-2009, 07:27 PM. Reason: added stuff

The front wraps around further than the rear would be my guess.
    2006 Yamaha R1SP;
    In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
    Amen, brother. Amen.
    My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

frount is narrow.. so needs to lean over alot more to lose all the strip maybe ?

Comment

Also, regarding having no chicken strips. Do you use your body weight to lean generally?

Comment

do not worry is normal and stay safe, chickenstrips are a way of saying this tyre is new.
          If you want to sand the front tyre with a piece of sandpaper to rough it up <if it is brandnew> and make it more grippier.
          I still have chickenstrips on my new front tyre after 400km's.

Comment

I wonder why they're called chicken strips.....I mean I don't see the point of people knee draging while riding on a straight road. My road to work is basically straight so "chicken strips" are on all my tyres.

My guess for your situation is that you counter steer a lot more when you're turning

Comment

It's quite normal. As Whorenet pointed out, the tread on the front wraps further around the tyre than on the rear. You'll see the same thing on most bikes.
              In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
              Its the little things that make the difference
              Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
              If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

playing "Chicken " with running in front of Loco's/ walking over thin ice, what ever is dangeroes, in the past.
                Who dares to lean over the most Boy penile mesure system that got a lotta peniles killed!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedster View Post
                  I wonder why they're called chicken strips.....I mean I don't see the point of people knee draging while riding on a straight road. My road to work is basically straight so "chicken strips" are on all my tyres.

It is interesting because, on my commute I have a few nice left handers which I really like to lean on/ go fast. My chicken strips on my left side are much bigger than my right. Chicken strips don't tell the whole story.

I have seen people bragging about having no chicken strips when they just don't lean in corners and that is why they have no chicken strips

Comment

Originally posted by Xuaxace View Post
                    It is interesting because, on my commute I have a few nice left handers which I really like to lean on/ go fast. My chicken strips on my left side are much bigger than my right. Chicken strips don't tell the whole story.

I have seen people bragging about having no chicken strips when they just don't lean in corners and that is why they have no chicken strips
                    Yeah it's pretty easy to just counter balance around corners to increase lean angle to reduce chicken strips. Far more fun and more natural feeling hanging off the bitch though and... well... it just makes sense. Mind you hanging off and not having chicken strips is what draws the laydeeeez and guarantees you entry into Valhalla. SRS.

Btw I still hang off the pushie and stick my knee out. I've stopped checking my non-existent rear view mirrors and twisting the handlebars to go faster though ^_^
                    Originally posted by Koola
                    Someone sig this.

Comment

Riding on the left hand side of the road you generally have the crown sloping from your right to left.

So turning left is positive camber, meaning your lean angle isn't quite as much.
                      Turning right is slightly off camber, meaning you lean over a bit further.
                      This is a bit simplistic and doesn't take body positioning into account.
                      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

G'Day Pips,

All of the above statments are true enough.

Have you tried messing with tyre pressure; that is getting it as low as you feel safe with.
                        As it increases the contact patch with the road & give you better braking and milage as you are sharing the wear.

Just because the tyre manufacturer recomends certain preasures, this is accross the board & does not take your weight and riding style into consideration.

With cars; for example the tyre manufacturers recommend lower air preasures to allow the tyre sidewalls to give a softer ride.

Regards,

Sooty.
                        Regards,

Sooty.

Another perfect day in paradise.

Comment

different profile yo. different p-r-o-f-i-l-e.

Comment

Go to a state MCRC round and you will see that most of the race bikes have a little chicken strip on the front. As someone said before they are narrower, smaller in diameter and generally higher in profile than the rear. It's all to do with physics and geometry as to why the rear reaches the edge before the front.

But don't be disheartened by them, front chicken strips are a good thing. If you run to the edge of your front tyre before the rear, you're fucked.

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

I have a cm or so at the front and none at the rear.

Here is a shot of me being awesome, for reference.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X