Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yz250

Hey all

I have gone against the idea of getting a super motard for the moment and I'm looking about dirt bikes instead

I have searched and didn't find much info so the questions i have what's is it like like pros and cons, what's a good year I'm sorta looking around the 04 05 models anything you guys could help with would be appreciative

also when I get it where are some good boob tracks or does this fall under the same level of secrecy as roads are??

Thanks for ur time guys
    Master of the missed signals

I am selling my KTM 520 if you want, how big are you?

Its 03 and I only want 4k for it. Its a very reliable bike, and if you are big enough its great for learning.
    My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Originally posted by redfern View Post
      I am selling my KTM 520 if you want, how big are you?

Its 03 and I only want 4k for it. Its a very reliable bike, and if you are big enough its great for learning.
      Hmmm pm more info please XD

Comment

Head over to ThumperTalk mate and read to your heart's content
        Originally posted by Amac
        suck me on the hat you mole fucker, steroid affected me cock

Comment

What Melchior Said. Very good site!

Also il be happy to show you some spots.
          IM ALWAYS ON THE EDGE, ITS ONLY THE SHARPNESS THAT VARYS

Comment

you wanting 2 stroke or 4 stroke? both have their advantages and disadvantages.
            B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Things to think about...

How far to your nearest riding spot?

Is that spot legal?

Trailer or Ute to transport bike?

Will the bike be registered? This opens up more legal riding areas.

Got mates to ride with? You need a few, because some people can't go at the times you want to ride.

How many hours a year do you think you will ride? Think about this seriously. You will find you dont' ride many hours a year.

Thats the hard stuff...

If you get one you will learn a lot of bike control...

You will a have heaps of fun...

You may get hurt...Dirt bikes bite...

Comment

Oh man, if you want the Thumpertalk equivalent of our 600 vs 1000 debate, look for some 2 stroke vs 4 stroke threads

Fron what I can gather, older or lower strung four strokes are easier to maintain, in terms of service intervals and cost of parts, but the racier four strokes need alot of maintainance, particularly checking of the valves, which can be expensive to fix.

Two strokes are much simpler, with reeds instead of valves, so no clearance checks, but you do have to be careful with the jetting so you don't foul plugs all the time or lean it out to the point of failure. Also have to check powervalve operation (expensive to replace) and fuck about with premix.

But when youre on the pipe its so much fun I bought a 2t because I wanted to learn about 2stroke engines and Ive never had one, so I wanted to experience some powerband action.

4t seems easier to just jump on and ride though.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                  4t seems easier to just jump on and ride though.
                  That^^^

A four stroke will also have a better power delivery for normal off road riding...

Comment

That's the dillema I'm having too many good and bad points originally I was looking for a 2 stroke but a 4 is an option

and that ktm also looks good sooooo many choices

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                      That^^^

A four stroke will also have a better power delivery for normal off road riding...
                      ^that ^_^

The power is much more linear and easy to put down. Obviously won't need to rebuild as often either, not to mention fuel efficiency.

2 strokes do have a certain charm though, right Jamathi?

edit: When are you looking at buying?
                      It would pay to go on one of the PSB dirt rides and try some bikes out. I'd be happy to let you ride mine to get a feel for 2stroke. But I wont be back on the bike for 2-3 months
                      Last edited by Melchior; 01-10-2009, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                        ^that ^_^

The power is much more linear and easy to put down. Obviously won't need to rebuild as often either, not to mention fuel efficiency.

2 strokes do have a certain charm though, right Jamathi?

edit: When are you looking at buying?
                        It would pay to go on one of the PSB dirt rides and try some bikes out. I'd be happy to let you ride mine to get a feel for 2stroke. But I wont be back on the bike for 2-3 months
                        Actually I may take up that offer Im looking at buying in 1-2 months probally more the latter so it gives me some time

Comment

Guess that means I'll have to get off my arse and ut the knobbies back on at some stage

Got some dual sport tyres on atm, theyre like a 80on/20off, should be good for riding to locations and doing some light offroad riding, but shit for real offroad. havent even scrubbed them in yet though.

When do you get your license back.

Comment

Also try PerthMX - Motocross Photos, Motocross Videos, Motocross News, Racing Results and Discussion - Home
                            -JC-

Comment

Get the licence bak in Jan

Comment

Working...
                              X