Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You should always do burnouts at the drags!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You should always do burnouts at the drags!

I never did burnouts before every run and never had a problem, but now i learnt my lesson! Could have been a lot worse bike was pretty much fine oggys more than payed for themselves right there! and so lucky the back wheel hit the wall before anything else! At least i can laugh about it, went on to run a couple 10.8s which wasnt too bad considering the bruised ego

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OLeaykxBOw"]My fail at the drags[/ame]
    Last edited by alank; 01-10-2009, 08:30 PM.

Wow, well done mate
    http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

That tarmac looks pretty slick in the video, and your bike seemed to slide like it was on ice
      Originally posted by browncow
      Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

Looks to me like your tyre was wet, too. Did you ride through the water spray and not do a burnout?

Nice lowside, though. Better than looping it.
        2006 Yamaha R1SP;
        In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
        Amen, brother. Amen.
        My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

The bike slide for ages :o i thought the track was meant to be damn sticky... good to hear though there wasnt to much damage!
          RIP ADRIAN LEE
          16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
          I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

Comment

Given the way you didn't run to your bike, maybe it just knew you don't love it, and decided to teach you a lesson?
            FTP

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
              Looks to me like your tyre was wet, too. Did you ride through the water spray and not do a burnout?

Nice lowside, though. Better than looping it.
              Rode around the water so unless there was something on the track? definatley felt like it was wet never had it spin up like that before. Yeh glad it put me down nicely and not a nasty high side!

Comment

I've never been to the drags, but I am guessing the burnout warms the rubber a bit for extra stick?
                Originally posted by browncow
                Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

at least you were a good sport about it.. Feel pretty small on that lane at the best of times

Comment

Originally posted by malenko View Post
                    I've never been to the drags, but I am guessing the burnout warms the rubber a bit for extra stick?
                    yeh now i know how much difference it makes ill always do them. Started doin nice big ones after that and didnt have a problem. Still ive never had it spin up like that on the road let alone the track

Comment

That's why 'fuellers always do such huge burnouts. Any thing with rapid acceleration [ie your Gixxer],gets a little horrible once it loses traction. Good to see you walked away , and the bike still loves you with a few 10 sec. passes...
                      Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Hard to tell from the video but my guess is that there was something on your tyre or on the track (cars with air cons on can drop water).
                        It is very unusual for a bike to spin up like that on the start line. I had no trouble and nor did anyone else that I saw on the night, even Ross's 200HP B king didn't spin up with no burnout (and ran 9.70).
                        It is still a good idea to do a little skid to clean the tyre as there is crap all over the pad around the water and up to the line.
                        Good to see you didn't damage much and got back out there.
                        RR VRT #100
                        Sponsors Wanted.
                        Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
                        A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

Track is sticky but you've lined up right in the middle
                          where the tyre tracks aren't, nice and smooth and not
                          much grip, thats why your bike slid the way it did with
                          your oggy's, bar ends, and the wheels spinning up there
                          is not a lot of contact with the surface and the inertia of
                          tyre thats why it spun like a top... glad you just shook it off

Comment

Originally posted by BeNo View Post
                            Track is sticky but you've lined up right in the middle
                            where the tyre tracks aren't, nice and smooth and not
                            much grip, thats why your bike slid the way it did with
                            your oggy's, bar ends, and the wheels spinning up there
                            is not a lot of contact with the surface and the inertia of
                            tyre thats why it spun like a top... glad you just shook it off

BeNo, he is in the right spot on the start line right in the middle of the tyre tracks. The shinny stuff either side is a bit slippery.
                            RR VRT #100
                            Sponsors Wanted.
                            Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
                            A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

dude. you dont need to burnout at the drags, just make sure the tyres are nice nd warm

You tried to power out of the slide...... Thats bad.

There was no way to save it, you had to get off the throttle
                              The run was lost, it's all in the launch.

Best thing to have done was to get off the throttle, and try again next run.
                              Have you won the game recently?? Post here

Comment

Working...
                              X