Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Given the choice, would you wear a helmet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Given the choice, would you wear a helmet?

I was watching some videos on Youtube today of bikers in America and that a large amount of them don't wear helmets because they aren't compulsary there. So if helmets weren't compulsary here would you still wear one? I know that I definitely would and I'm sure that that is the view shared by the majority of bikers in Australia but I am sure that there are some who wouldn't and I am interested in hearing their opinions.

PS. This is my first poll so forgive me if I balls it up.
    Yes
    92.38%
    No
    7.62%
    Originally Posted by Maxo
    do people around you constantly wear their palm on their face?
    to Butters

i like the current shape on condition of my head so helmet is deff must in my books...

Comment

Originally posted by clown View Post
      i like the current shape on condition of my head so helmet is deff must in my books...
      +1

I felt totally out of place when i moved my bike up the driveway without a helmet on, its an absolute must to have on!
      RIP ADRIAN LEE
      16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
      I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

Comment

poll now skewed

that 1 x no was meant to be a yes!!

i'd be surprised if anyone actually really would choose to not wear a helmet!

Comment

yup

Comment

I was expecting 99% to say that they would wear a helmet but having seen a couple of cruiser riders riding without helmets I wondered whether this would be an opportunity to see the viewpoint of someone who wouldn't.
            Originally Posted by Maxo
            do people around you constantly wear their palm on their face?
            to Butters

Comment

I would wear one for the anonymity :p, not only that but it just feels plain weird to ride with out it.
              Originally posted by browncow
              Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

Personally I feel safer with one like everyone does, and they are an absolute must in the daily commute. But for a nice quiet Sunday cruise with no one really around, I'd like to go without occasionally if it were legal. I wear the most minimalist Helmet that is legal and no other "gear" so it's not that much of a stretch.

Comment

A friend of my dad's has ridden without a helmet for near on 30 years. When he does use one, which is rare, it is an old beat up thing that might reduce a few scratches but that it all.

Me...... I always wear a helmet. BY CHOICE.

Comment

not compulsory on the dirtie but i too like the shape of my head as it is so will always wear it

Comment

I don't mind the feeling of wind in my hair every once in a while, but I wear a helmet by choice as well as law.

edit: I don't think I voted, but I chose the not 100% of the time because I rode my bike around the block years ago, and really enjoyed the sensation of the wind in my hair. But I have no problems, qualms, or issues with wearing my helmet all the time, no matter what.
                      Last edited by Ferris; 02-10-2009, 06:36 AM.
                      Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

I would wear one 99% of the time I guess, a quick nip down to the corner shops I prolly wouldn't bother with it so much. If you ride smart you can avoid most accidents accept for the freak accident where some one t-bones you, but anything longer than say 30 secs to 1 min of on road travel time I would wear one.
                        Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

I would always wear my helmet. I like my brains where they are, not on the pavement.

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

Yeah but its not like your head is suddenly going to explode as soon as the bike touches road and you don't have a helmet.

Having said that though, it would be very circumstantial about me not wearing one, like I said a quick 30 second-1min trip I prolly wouldn't bother. Also the option of riding your bike home if something does happen to your helmet would be nice, eg it gets stolen etc

Comment

Originally posted by malenko View Post
                              a quick 30 second-1min trip
                              1) is not good for your bike.
                              2) you should be walking.

Comment

Working...
                              X