clutch issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch issue

the clutch on my busa is dying on me and im wondering if its actually because of something else as it went from fine to practically nothing in 2 days

i had a quick look when the bike was on the rear stand the last time and i cant tell how much oil is in the engine. the little indicator looked kinda clear but ive noticed that if the oil is good, its really hard to see it anyway.

is it possible that the clutch isnt working cos theres no or little oil?
    i dont really want to do an oil change if its not going to fix it cos thatll be a waste of money (will need new oil if changing the clutch anyway)
    There is no more time, even for cake. For you, the cake is over. You have reached the end of cake.

I think low oil can't make your clutch perform bad. Someone has told me that before. P.s It is better to top up when having little oil mate.
    Last edited by Xuaxace; 02-10-2009, 10:49 AM.

Comment

FWIW: I was told that oils have friction enhancing properties, this is what I thought was wrong when my clutch started slipping. Top up the oil mate.
      However the problem with my slipping clutch was some adjusting rod, I wasn't there at the time I lent my bike to a mate, he said he got some adjusting rod tweaked and it was fine again..
      Check the amount of free-play in your lever aswell just incase its been tightened
      Hope it helps mate.
      wood for life? wood is life.
      Originally posted by thro
      i only squid it when riding pissed.

Comment

busas are known for clutch slipping, someone here with more knowledge may be able to explain otherwise ask on oz busa or extremebusa.com

Dubs

Comment

yeah the aus busa site is down atm

i did get the gear pedal adjusted the other day at mccullochs so is it possible they stuffed up something?
          There is no more time, even for cake. For you, the cake is over. You have reached the end of cake.

Comment

the lever is adjustable with that little dial on it to get it closer to the handle bars but it will not change the engagement/disengagement point however if you want to can change this if you carfully mod the actuating rod that goes to the clutch. the slave cylinder for the clutch located by your trans output shaft pushes a rod that goes through the case, you can pull the rod out and slightly shorten it (Very little like by half mm increments or something) it is better to do it a little at a time then to much and your screwed and need a new push rod. also do NOT score the rod at all or I would replace because it needs the perfect smooth sides to make the seal in the engine effective. there might be other ways too but this is an easy one to do and all it requires is removing the slave cylinder and sliding the push rod out, oh and when putting the rod in make sure it is totally clean and lightly lubricate for the seals safety during insertion.
            From a hayabusa forum on similar topic.
            Thats the rod im talking about, have a search for ''clutch actuating rod'' or something..
            hope this helps
            wood for life? wood is life.
            Originally posted by thro
            i only squid it when riding pissed.

Comment

just regarding the oil, wen mines on the rear stand it appears empty in the window. check it with the bike level just hold the bike upright

Comment

Working...
              X