Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGV Helmets

Hi All,

I'm looking for a new lid. Had a Shoei XR-1000 Quite happy with it. But its no good after being in an accident.

So need to buy a new lid and was reading Australian Motorcycle News and noticed the AGV K-4 helmet. Quite like it.

Question: Compared to the XR-1000, the AGV K-4 is well priced.
    And according to Sharp Helmet Safety Scheme (someone posted about helmet safety) the AGV rates better (4 stars vs 3).

Does anybody here own a AGV K-4 helmet and what is your experience with it?
    For those that have owned or own an AGV helmet and have had a Shoei lid, which do you prefer?

I just cant seem to get over the price difference. Am I missing something?

it most likely comes down to comfort weight and the brand
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Originally posted by browncow
    Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

I've got two Shoei's (and XR1000 and a Multi-tec) and two AGV's ( a rossi GP-Tech and a Barry Sheene replica). They are all very good lids..and very different even to each other.

The AGV's fit very well, are the best ventilated and have the best fog-proof visors. The GP tech is a brilliant lid. Both of these lids I've only had for a few weeks and used several times, but so far am very happy with them. The AGV of 20+ years ago were krap.

The XR1000 (about to be superseded by the XR1100) is a great all round lid, a bit hot on sticky days and fogs up easily. Great quality, I've had it for 3 years and it has served me well.
      The Multi-tec is fantastic. Comfy,well ventilated with simple vents, best field of view and pheripheral vision and uses the standard Shoei visors. Is my work helmet, plus best option for night group rides and wet weather due to its vision.

Best thing for you to do is try them all mate and pick what suits you best.
      Christie. 1972-2012. RIP my dear friend. Never forgotten.

Comment

I've got an AGV Stealth at the mo, to be honest it gets right on my tit's, at certain speeds, 90-120, my head gets an awfull buffeting??
        Having owned all sorts of lids in the past I've never had this happen before, sounds like a riding position thing I know but smae bike, same position, different lid no problems, AGV....feels like someone's trying to pull my head off!
        Sorry wandered a bit there
        Dolphin 38.

I don't know whether you noticed Marjory, but the criminal fraternity sometimes indulge in practices called pretending and lying.

Comment

Thats odd, I also have an AGV stealth and I reckon its really good. Not too loud and doesnt buffet much.

Having said that it was replaced under warranty when my first stealth started to fray at the end of its chin strap. I took it back to get it looked at when the button on the end came off and it turned out the strap was really deteriorated at the point where it joins to the shell. The helmet was only 6 months old at this point.

I suspect this is an isolated incident though and not an indicator of AGVs quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Al_86 View Post
            Thats odd, I also have an AGV stealth and I reckon its really good. Not too loud and doesnt buffet much.
            Yeah it's mighty wierd, it isn't a little thing either, and although it passes it gets worse, ahem, further up the numbers..
            Dolphin 38.

I don't know whether you noticed Marjory, but the criminal fraternity sometimes indulge in practices called pretending and lying.

Comment

Working...
            X