Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my luck ran out...

and i dropped her :stupid:
    Was coming into my driveway which is slightly uphill. Have a garage door clicker on my keys, so i was pressing the thing, slowing down towards my driveway riding with one hand. The clicker wasnt working. I mounted the kerb, still upright but now at a stop: however i overbalanced still fiddling with the garage door opener and in slow motion.....down...i went...slow mo like
    Thank god for oggy knobs. No fairing damage, the mirror bent 90 degrees the wrong way, but actually just went back into place fine no probs . Small scuffs on clutch lever tip. Most annoyingly is very very small scratches on the engine case on the left hand side. Its not big, maybe a cm or 2 slight scuff, but screams 'i have been dropped, im now a dirty slut'.
    Real dirty on myself. I always wondered, surely it cant be easy to drop your bike, i mean sure they can be heavy, but i dont see how you could drop it. Now i know. Very fuggin easy to lose balance and drop it. I felt like a fuckwit, thankfully no-one was around. I picked her back up pretty easy though thankfully.

Ooopsss..

Comment

Yeah they are a bitch when you get past the point of no return :p, I had a graceful lie down in the driveway when I first got the gpx, didnt have my license yet so was riding it up and down the drive like a kid on a bicycle, I was coming to a stop and duck walking it to turn when I hit that point and down I went, the whole drop went for like 30 seconds. After picking it up had a bit of a quick look around to see if any one saw and I was back in the garage with the door shutting behind me to hide my shame :p
      Originally posted by browncow
      Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

feck man tis easy to do lucky it wasnt much damage
        Master of the missed signals

Comment

need a stator cover and left clutch leaver, and it will look like it hasnt been dropped.
          fleabay to the rescue it seems
          New OEM Honda CBR600F4 F4I Engine Stator Cover:eBay Motors (item 360192294960 end time Oct-23-09 20:52:38 PDT)

only taiwan shit clutch levers around it seems

Comment

Originally posted by Revelations View Post
            need a stator cover and left clutch leaver, and it will look like it hasnt been dropped.
            fleabay to the rescue it seems
            New OEM Honda CBR600F4 F4I Engine Stator Cover:eBay Motors (item 360192294960 end time Oct-23-09 20:52:38 PDT)

only taiwan shit clutch levers around it seems
            If your not selling the bike, whats the rush........
            leave it be
            Battle scars are ok too
            Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

no real rush, its just a reminder of my fuck up...will get the parts ready for its next service in 3,000kms time
              OEM clutch levers on ebay are hard to find

Comment

Bad luck mate, at least you know not to do it again!

Comment

I have had a few close calls with the garage clickers myself. Having the left hand desperately clicking while the bike is idling towards the gate.

Comment

I feel for you, I recently tipped over my ninja aswell.. In a even more noober way then you.
                    I was leaving my house then I remembered I forgot something, so I did a u-turn back to my house, Turned too hard and she started falling.. Struggled to keep her up while holding in the clutch (this is where I learn't about the kill switch...) But by then it was too late, she was on the ground and I flicked the kill switch.

3-4 Line marks on the fairing and minor scrapes on the pop rivots of the yoshi exhaust, no oggy knobs

Comment

bad week for f4i's

my gf wanted to learn how tro ride, she has ridden off road bikes in the past so i figured she would be ok on the f4i, after all, they are a girls bike ?

anyways, didnt really goto plan, she dropped it on its right side during a turning manoeuvre

Smashed mirror, scratched right hand fairing, bent brake leaver and smashed indicator.

ordered new genuine honda parts to replace, stung me about $1500 ish all up.

best $1500 i have ever spent, now she doesn’t wanna go near the bike ever again J

Comment

Originally posted by Revelations View Post
                        OEM clutch levers on ebay are hard to find
                        This is the perfect excuse to upgrade to Pazzo levers
                        A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

Dear god, it's some weird bastardized three wheeled two person go-kart.

Comment

^WHS. Forcefull upgrades. Break something, upgrade it
                          ZippySig.com

Comment

Originally posted by doriae86 View Post
                            bad week for f4i's

my gf wanted to learn how tro ride, she has ridden off road bikes in the past so i figured she would be ok on the f4i, after all, they are a girls bike ?

anyways, didnt really goto plan, she dropped it on its right side during a turning manoeuvre

Smashed mirror, scratched right hand fairing, bent brake leaver and smashed indicator.

ordered new genuine honda parts to replace, stung me about $1500 ish all up.

best $1500 i have ever spent, now she doesn’t wanna go near the bike ever again J
                            Who would of thought that was a bad idea?

Comment

meh, live and learn dude, she is ok, the bike will be good as new. Only pissed off coz i havent been able to ride it for the last week.

Comment

Working...
                              X