Poll: Cagers on phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Cagers on phones

How often do you see cagers on their mobiles? Apologies if this has been done before, but you can always choose to ignore it.
    Never
    0.00%
    Once a month
    4.95%
    Once a week
    5.94%
    One a day
    24.75%
    More than one a day
    64.36%
    "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." - Albert Einstein

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

About 1 in 3 cars i pass on my daily commute.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

im not really a regular user of it, but i have made calls in the car, the convo takes 2nd pick to the road tho.

Attention car drivers:
      I am entitled to my lane. ALL of my lane.
      (And sometimes, a little bit of yours)
      i dont dissagree with any of this, but can u c what car only drivers might think? if u can fit in their lane to pass, u do. if they can fit in urs to pass, y shouldnt they? makes sense if u think about it.
      The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by #124 View Post
        im not really a regular user of it, but i have made calls in the car, the convo takes 2nd pick to the road tho.

i dont dissagree with any of this, but can u c what car only drivers might think? if u can fit in their lane to pass, u do. if they can fit in urs to pass, y shouldnt they? makes sense if u think about it.
        No, that doesn't make sense. I can use their lane because it is legal to do so as a motorcyclist.

Don't use your phone while driving. Please.
        "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." - Albert Einstein

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

if u please. could u show me the rule as it is worded???

Comment

Originally posted by #124 View Post
            if u please. could u show me the rule as it is worded???
            I can't be bothered looking for it, but it is something along the lines of 'a motorcycle may ride no more than 2 abreast with another vehicle'

I'm sure someone would have posted it on the site somewhere.

Comment

I think it is covered under over taking, and it I am pretty sure it states, and I am para phrasing here, that you may do so on either side as long as it is safe.

It doesnt mention motorcycle at all, just the acceptable over taking practice's.
              Originally posted by browncow
              Sometimes, I see you post, and I understand what all the individual words mean, but I have no idea what you're actually saying.

Comment

Originally posted by JuanPablo View Post
                I can't be bothered looking for it, but it is something along the lines of 'a motorcycle may ride no more than 2 abreast with another vehicle'

I'm sure someone would have posted it on the site somewhere.
                Originally posted by malenko View Post
                I think it is covered under over taking, and it I am pretty sure it states, and I am para phrasing here, that you may do so on either side as long as it is safe.

It doesnt mention motorcycle at all, just the acceptable over taking practice's.
                this was my thinking, also even if the car is doin the overtaking, the motorcycle is riding no more than two abreast ^_^

just extorting the rules here. carry on

Comment

i see them using fucking note pads on their steering wheels never mind mobile phones!
                  Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
                  Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
                  In the backroads as it is on the freeway
                  Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
                  And forgive us our lanesplitting
                  As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
                  And lead us not into gravel corners
                  But deliver us from hand-held radars
                  For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
                  Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

Damn you off topic people. Now I have to go and prove myself right. Or wrong. Stand by.

Comment

If you don't see multiple cager-tards on their phone per day either

- you aren't looking at the drivers you're about to pass; doing so is a good idea to know whether or not they're awake/oblivious to the world or whatever
                      OR
                      - you don't ride on highways

edit:
                      OR
                      - you don't ride every day
                      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by killswitch54923 View Post
                        i see them using fucking note pads on their steering wheels never mind mobile phones!
                        Note to self: Add 'fucking note pads on their steering wheels' to poll

They do get up to some crazy shit. I saw a woman cutting her kids hair while driving along a few years ago.

Comment

lol either im reading that wrong or thats the way u ment it
                          Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
                          Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
                          In the backroads as it is on the freeway
                          Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
                          And forgive us our lanesplitting
                          As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
                          And lead us not into gravel corners
                          But deliver us from hand-held radars
                          For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
                          Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

Originally posted by JuanPablo View Post
                            They do get up to some crazy shit. I saw a woman cutting her kids hair while driving along a few years ago.
                            Wait; what?
                            Insert witty comment here

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson View Post
                              Wait; what?
                              Yep, you heard right. She was cutting her kids (front seat passenger) hair.

OK, so this doesn't exactly help my cause re: lane splitting, but it's not a no.

From (motorcycle specific): http://www.officeofroadsafety.wa.gov...heRoad_000.pdf

Can't quote it for some reason...it says to report the post now? But you can read it for yourself. It's not explicitly banned, but 'prohibited' by nature of 'usually' breaking other laws in the practice of splitting.

Comment

Working...
                              X