ECU Flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU Flashing

im thinking about getting a PC3 for my bike now that it has the yoshis on it but ive been reading up and it seems like it would be better to flash the ecu as this would not only fix up the fuel, but also remove the limiter and a handful of other useful things

what i want to know is has anyone here done it before? (specifically the busa owners)
    does anyone know where you can get it done in perth?
    i know theres a place in VIC that does it but i dont really want to send it over east cos then it wont be tuned for my particular bike
    There is no more time, even for cake. For you, the cake is over. You have reached the end of cake.

PM Horndog he may help

Dubs

Comment

Dubs, is he able to do that for any bike?
      Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

no

the busa ecu can be reflashed with the right hardware and software

Dubs

Comment

yeah the software is ECU Editor as far as i know
          i had a look at it and you can really stuff things up with this if you dont know what youre doing, so i was hoping to get someone to do it for me whos done it before
          There is no more time, even for cake. For you, the cake is over. You have reached the end of cake.

Comment

From my cage experience (have had both flash edits and stand-alone management): if the flash is easily removable (i.e., you can easily get back to stock map, without needing to take your bike anywhere), go for it.

If its, not, go for the power commander. If you need to return your bike to stock, and have it meet emissions testing, etc - getting the ECU re-flashed back to standard may be more problematic than simply unplugging the power commander....

Also, the number of people who can deal with flashed ECUs is generally smaller than those who can deal with an aftermarket piggyback like a PC3. Tuning will likely be quicker for a dyno operator who's experienced with the PC3 too... whereas the flash editor may be foreign and unfamiliar...
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

I am just about to flash my ecu too. All info is on the ecu hackers website. Boost by Smith has full flash kits including ECU Editor by Petri.
              I believe turning the limiters off etc is easy. Like you however I dont want
              to stuff things up. I think someone in Perth off the Aust Hayabusa forum
              can do them.

Comment

yeah im asking around on there atm. hopefully someone can do it
                also im wondering if you actually need the entire kit. if someone buys it they should be able to do a others as well.
                unless theres a component that gets installed on the bike

Comment

Some of the guys over east have everything set up already. All you
                  have to do is post over your ecu and they will flash it. (limiters removed
                  only). You would realy only need a full kit if you wanted to constantly
                  reflash it. Iam also wondering if maybe Dyno Time or Rilusi have any experience with flashing yet. I know S & R Pro and Petes Pit Stop over east can and prefer to use this method on Busa's.

Comment

yeah.
                    prblm is i want to flash it properly so that it also redoes the fuel map to take into account the pipes and such. to do that it needs to be tuned for my bike specifically

Comment

Yeah same. I wish we had more of a choice of tuners here in Perth. A couple of mates have had theirs fully flashed over east and mode c is now b. Mode B is what map A was, and map A is now the new program for his pipes & filter etc.
                      All for under $400

Comment

yeah thats the thing about the gen 1 tho. no modes
                        so ive either got to have a spare ecu handy for legal purposes :S

Comment

speak to Russel at dynotime

Comment

Originally posted by alank View Post
                            speak to Russel at dynotime
                            He can now flash busa ecu's?

Dubs

Comment

Originally posted by BennyT View Post
                              yeah.
                              prblm is i want to flash it properly so that it also redoes the fuel map to take into account the pipes and such. to do that it needs to be tuned for my bike specifically
                              If thats the case, ask around various dyno operators in perth before doing it (whether they can support it).

If no one will tune it, you're shit out of luck.

If only one guy will tune it - you're fucked if you're not happy with his tune...

Not saying don't do it - simply that whatever ecu/flash you do is useless without support....
                              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
                              X