Post 1L bike shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post 1L bike shopping

New to the forum but just wanted to put in my 2c worth after spending my time looking at .... and riding bikes in the 1 ltr class.

Firstly... I am at the moment the luckiest bastard on earth and can't stop walking out into the garage looking at my brand new Suzuki GSXR1000... I do have a great wife!!
    Blue and white... with Free Yoshi pipe on the way. Though I do love the twin stock pipes.

Big thumbs up to Joondalup Motorcycles with great customer service.

So.. quick overview.. previous bikes owned

ZZR250... yeah good
    Bandit 250.. loved it.. complete with fuel gauge.. top small bike!!!
    ZXR600. Awesome. User friendly. Forgiving. Great cornering
    Honda SP1.. Good long distance and straight.. comfortable. Not like the previous 600 in cornering and got hot in traffic.

So recently while shopping and attending the bike show at the Exhibition Center... found myself wandering from the Suzuki stall... to the Kawasaki stall.. to the Honda stall and dreaming and drooling at the Ducati Stall.

Spoke to a few people in the same predicament as me... which one????

After test riding ZX10R... R1 and GSXR (Honda did not appeal to me personally) I chose the GSXR for the following reasons.

Although the other bikes were awesome in their own right I feel that ones one geometry determines the best bike. I come in at six foot.. six foot one on a good day. I am sure I read on this forum that the performance of each of these bikes could not be measured on the road and/or by riders such as myself.... safe on the road but by all means not extensively skilled.

I felt that the R1 and ZX10R would be suited better to slightly shorter riders. The wrist pressure was felt soon after stepping aboard and longer rides would have exacerbated this problem.

I am not going to bag these bikes as they were very nice... I will however say what steered me towards the Gixxer.

More comfortable seating position with a reduced amount of wrist pressure.
    Awesome looking dash/display... I feel Suzuki spent a lot of time with this.
    Ability to cycle through MAP functions on the go... particularly good with new tyres and finding my own comfort on the bike..
    Right had thumb ability to scroll through Odo.. trip meter.. time.. etc..
    The pillion passenger seat has a good amount surface area and cushioning for comfort (for the other half... did I mention how lucky I am)
    Simply great riding really... awesome through the corners. And for my height.. picking up the pace... elbows to knees.. gut on the tank.. could not be more comfortable.

Again.. just my 2c worth and certainly don't want to offend riders on any of the aforementioned bikes...

Smiles from ear to ear and looking forward to getting out and about on some group rides.

GSXR.... something to consider!

Chris.
    "... if at first you don't succeed.... destroy all evidence that you even tried..."

whhaaaaaa...honda didn't appeal to you

ill tell cath you think your lucky

nice write up

i am more eager to see this bike now

Comment

Congrats! and good luck juggling time between the "great wife" and the bike.
      User contains traces of nuts.

Comment

Congrats on the new bike.
        Hope to seeya out on a ride soon.
        Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Yeah well... hey ... I owned a Honda and it was great (V-twin great)

No offence hey :-)

But to be honest.. I am a little distracted looking at your machine when.. well.. when I'm not looking at your machine ;-)

Awww now see... all you Honda buffs are gunna hate me!
          "... if at first you don't succeed.... destroy all evidence that you even tried..."

Comment

buy mine
            R1's suit anyone.

Comment

no offence taken...you did own a kwaka when i first met you

hahaha you too could have a latex squid

Comment

enjoy....seems like a few peeps are going the gixxy for similar reasons...

Comment

So what colour did you end up getting?

I'm in love with the black one. Looks hot with a dark screen and twin carbon Yoshi cans.
                  2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                  In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                  Amen, brother. Amen.
                  My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Couldn't go past the Suzuki Blue and White....
                    Black looks hot
                    White a bitch to keep clean.... not a fan of the gold rims

Comment

I totally understand you walking past the Honda

enjoy your ride and welcome to the PSB
                      Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Honda SP1?
                        where is that now?

Comment

Congrats from a fellow Gixxer owner, I prefer to commute on the 750 as it's more flikable in traffic, but I do love the ride of the thou on long runs

Comment

Posted via Mobile Device

Comment

Originally posted by borracha View Post
                              White a bitch to keep clean.... not a fan of the gold rims
                              Know what you mean. The rims look out of place with the rest of the bike being so white.
                              2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                              In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                              Amen, brother. Amen.
                              My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Working...
                              X