Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Law for riding Learners

Got a road bike after always riding dirt bikes so need to get licence

Now that the weather is turning nice I want to get out & about more on my bike & practice different road conditions

A mate has offered to shadow me, ( he has a Tri Rocket) but what is the legalities of it all, as in does he need to wear an L vest or is an orange vest unmarked ok or none needed?

& am I OK with just a green L vest or do I need L plates on front & back of bike?

also were can I get the items from? I am SOR any one got old ones I can pick up? or buy?

Your shadow needn't wear a vest or display plates. You're a different storey. L plates front & back or L vest is the rule however most just hang a single L plate from the back of the bike.

As for where to get them, most servo's sell L plates.
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

go to atoms supply or other associated shop

buy yellow vest

Draw a L on the back

should cost you less than a pack of L plates

Comment

hey picked up some Ls on the weekend, they were less than 4 bucks, had to go to three servos though before i found them....

Comment

when I ride learners, I tend to squid it a bit; and really they don't go fast enough to require much protection.... don't think that teh police are interested either as long as you don't ride them in a public place... s'pose if you rode one on a country rode with no traffic it would be OK...

Comment

Working...
          X