Hyosung speedo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyosung speedo?

Does gt250r run on a cable meter for the speedo?

It would since it's digital speed meter.

Thanks

Comment

I'm lost.

Comment

Well, i wanted to buy a digital gear display over ebay.
        I asked the guy will it fit my bike and this is his reply:

Does it run on a cable meter for your speedo?

and then he said:

If it is digital, it will normally not be on a cable run kit. The DG8 will fit direct to your motorcycle but you need to splice it to your harness as there is no plug and play loom available for your model.

Comment

I'm not sure

But I think it will

But I'm not sure

Comment

You shoulde get extra gauges.
            If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Find a workshop manual. I'd assume there'd be speed sensor on the gearbox, with the VSS signal going straight to the speedo, but hey, you never know with those wacky Koreans. Might just be fed by a speedo cable

Or just ask the question of people who would know:- http://korider.com/
              Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via
              For The Tenacious, No Road Is Impassable

Comment

yea there is a big thick cable that connects into the back of it...

Comment

I would've thought that cable speedo= mecanical driven speedo ?

Its easy to check.
                  Find your speedo sensor/pickup, it should be over where your front sprocket sits (on the cover). Undo it and pull it off (usually just 1 bolt). If the pickup spins then its a mechanical speedo, if its just a little magnet then its an electronic/hall effect speedo.

Speedo pickup might be on the front wheel, if there's a cable going to the wheel then it's probably driven from there.
                  If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Runs from the front wheel.
                    Electronic.

Comment

Originally posted by Breyten View Post
                      Electronic.
                      /thread

Comment

Originally posted by Breyten View Post
                        Electronic.
                        Is it? So does that mean the acumen DG8 wont fit it or will?

I'm a bit confused.

Comment

zomg craziest thread everr
                          Originally posted by timmay
                          So UC bike spots people speeding, pulls out magnetic siren,
                          and sticks it on his head?

Comment

You'd probably be best off asking the guy who you're trying to buy from. By the sounds of it, it will fit, but you'll need to play surgeon.
                            Originally posted by Dragunov-21
                            If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Yeah, you'll need the generic wiring kit one and to splice in the cables that you need. I had the generic one and never fitted it, just recently got the plug and play harness for my 08 R1 and fitted it up. I am assuming the fact that you are asking this querstion that you wouldn't be considering performing the install yourself?

Even if it is cable you can fit a sensor to mesaure the speed off of the rear sprocket, it is extra work, but can be done. If you are dead serious about gettting a gear indicator, it is worht it, otherwise, wait till you get a bigger bike and fit one to that.
                              Last edited by Yorik; 20-10-2009, 01:48 PM. Reason: cos I can
                              [Y]

Comment

Working...
                              X