Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos from Phillip Island 2009

Hey guys,
    I'm back in Melbourne from PI and I have some photos for you guys. I took them on my crackberry, so they aren't the best quality. I think some time this year I might get a digi SLR and try again next year.

The view from Lukey Heights.

Then we went for a walk round to one of the last turns for this view

Next years MAD bike?

more to come...
    Attached Files
    Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
    Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Not sure if anyone on here likes 2 strokes or yamaha's for that matter, but just in case you do, you may find these photos attractive. </toungeincheek>

Attached Files
    Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

last pic showing how they cram the engine into a R6 frame.

Then there's the riders parade. in which apparently Phillip Island is the only track in which before a race they get the motoGP riders to jump into expensive old cars (austin heely's - sp?) and they slowly drive around the whole track so that the fans can get a closer look at the riders (and the fans that know some Italian can yell shit at Rossi)

Blurry photo of Casey leading the pack.

blurry photo of Rossi

Attached Files

Comment

Rossi's fan club brought along his 100 wins banner.

Attached Files

Comment

After the race, we walked along the track to the winners podium to see the winners receive their trophies and spray booze on each other.

There was a few people around, so i didn't manage to get close enough to catch any knee sliders.

and last but not least.....

on the drive out of the parking lot, there was a guy in a Ducati jacket directing (not really asking) cars to pull up so they could jump start a bunch of bikes (all Ducati) that refused to start. Not sure why the wouldn't start, but there was no less than three of them sitting against the fence waiting for a boost.

Attached Files

Comment

Here's some footage of Friday's practise. sorry about shit quality, again i took it on my mobile.
            [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVOXhusIhg0]YouTube - Phillip Island 2009 Friday Practise[/ame]

and Advance Australia Fair

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUUyrgwZixY]YouTube - Phillip Island 2009 Podium[/ame]

Comment

I reckon next year's MAD bike has to be this...

There is so much want for an 1198 with that livery it's not funny!

Comment

nice one drifter wish i could've gone but hey watchin it on the box wasnt so bad, stoner had an epic race.

(lol at the dukes)
                Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
                Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
                In the backroads as it is on the freeway
                Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
                And forgive us our lanesplitting
                As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
                And lead us not into gravel corners
                But deliver us from hand-held radars
                For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
                Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

Originally posted by Mish View Post
                  I reckon next year's MAD bike has to be this...

There is so much want for an 1198 with that livery it's not funny!
                  Might be just me but I hate that livery.

Comment

wtf

r1 glass but 2T 250cc everythnin else? g
                    Originally posted by Bendito
                    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by g0zer View Post

wtf

r1 glass but 2T 250cc everythnin else? g
                      R6 with an RZ 500 shoehorned.

Comment

hahaha awesome shit dude... How was it all round I really wanna head down there a bit of a journey from the goldy but worth going down ehh??
                        you dont like it leave

UMAD BRAH??

Comment

I just got home from my first time going and it's definitely worth it.
                          The sound of the bikes through turns 11 & 12 is fucking amazing!
                          The only annoying thing was the pit reporter who was completely clueless, can't remember his name though.

Comment

Definitely worth the trip Emnesty! Best way to do it is book a house on the island for a week. With enough people it works out to about $150 - $200 for the week. Grandstand tickets are pretty cool, better then having to bolt to fence at 7:30 to get a good spot!

Xuaxace, I absolutely love that livery. I saw the helmet on the Friday and Saturday and thought it was awesome, and originally I thought the special livery was just the Red bike with the Aussie flag on the sides...but that is totally hot...in my eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by Xuaxace View Post
                              Might be just me but I hate that livery.
                              It looked soooo much better in the flesh.

Originally posted by Mish View Post

Xuaxace, I absolutely love that livery. I saw the helmet on the Friday and Saturday and thought it was awesome, and originally I thought the special livery was just the Red bike with the Aussie flag on the sides...but that is totally hot...in my eyes!
                              +1
                              aka Matt
                              RB 2 11

Comment

Working...
                              X