Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do?

Hey all,
    So I crashed my bike a month ago and RAC declared it a while off and left me bikeless. So with the pay out and the extra my wife will put in for bday (gotta love that) I got $10K (ish) for a new bike. But I got like 6 months left on my R-Es. So, would you get a 250 so you can ride whenever you want but then your gonna have to sell and buy another. Or just get a bigger bike and go on shadowed rides when ever possible until I get my Rs. I got a car so I got the everday thing covered

How did you crash?

Comment

Depends on if you think you can get shadows. I know it's a pain to have to ask and even moreso when you can't get one and have to miss a ride.

Me, I'd get a 2fiddy and do the time. I couldn't handle having to wait for someone to rock up so I could go somewhere.
      2006 Yamaha R1SP;
      In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
      Amen, brother. Amen.
      My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Really a cheap second hand 250 will sell for about what you'll pay for it. So save the hassle and get a decent 4-5k replacement and save your money for when you can test larger bikes.

Comment

Get a cheap 250 to ride out the remainder of your RE, save the rest.

6 months later: sell 250, use saved money plus any savings over 6 months to buy yourself a big bike.

That's what I'd do.

Comment

Re: What would you do?

Originally posted by Hornet
            Depends on if you think you can get shadows. I know it's a pain to have to ask and even moreso when you can't get one and have to miss a ride.

Me, I'd get a 2fiddy and do the time. I couldn't handle having to wait for someone to rock up so I could go somewhere.
            That's a good point. One thing I would hate is having a mad bike sitting there n not being able to take a joy ride whenever I want

Comment

Yeah and if your anything like me you would say fuck it im going riding anyways!!! then you could possibly get in some trouble..

Comment

and trust me, if there's a bike in the garage whispering sweet nothings to you, it's hard to resist.

Spend $3-4k on a tidy older 250, you shouldn't lose much at all over 6 months.
                For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Buy a bunky 250! and save the rest for bigger bike in 6 months!
                  I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                    Spend $3-4k on a tidy older 250, you shouldn't lose much at all over 6 months.
                    This. Resale on a decent 250cc is going to be around 70-80% of what you paid for it, maybe more if you sell it in six months.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                      How did you crash?
                      ^this, depending, maybe more time on a 250 would be a good thing before stepping up?

Comment

6 months without being to ride on my now... no way.

Comment

Originally posted by GazzaFZ1S
                          Buy a bunky 250! and save the rest for bigger bike in 6 months!
                          Seems to be the general response. I doubt I'd be able to leave the bigger bike alone. I just wouldn't want to be stuck with a bike I can't sell.

And what's a good sports 250 that holds it's value?

Btw cheers for your input fellas B-)

Comment

Originally posted by Rich
                            How did you crash?
                            Locked the front in the wet. There was a thread in the news flash section. Wasn't goin all that fast but the guy infronts hard braking caused me to jump on the front brake. Live and learn I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by obsolete View Post
                              Get a cheap 250 to ride out the remainder of your RE, save the rest.

6 months later: sell 250, use saved money plus any savings over 6 months to buy yourself a big bike.

That's what I'd do.
                              +1

PSB has spoken

Comment

Working...
                              X