No announcement yet.

Bike alarm/immobiliser recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike alarm/immobiliser recommendations?

Even though Swann won't give me a discount for fitting one (grumble grumble), I'd still like to fit an alarm or an immobiliser - preferably something that's a combination of the two - to the bike.

I know Spyball make a plug-in jobbie for Ducatis, though I'm told that they're actually not that good. I know Campo is happy as a camper with his alarm/immobiliser thing, but I can't remember the brand name.

Anyone else got recommendations? I gotta go see Pete at Causeway tomorrow, might have to ask him when I'm down there..

Pete what tell you the same thing as I did yesterday, get a Sonar alarm, can't fail 'em

Comment

Hahah love ya new signature Campo nice one

Comment

Yeah, it's not bad, mind you, yours still shits all over mine!

Comment

Pete will tell you to go see Big Brother Security.

I have the Sonar, like Campo, however I have a few complaints:

1) It aint that loud.
          2) If you have it on for a bit over a week without using your bike it will run the battery flat.
          3) They take up a bit of room so dont let them stick it where you loose usuable storage space.

Other than that, it does not false alarm so I am happy with that.

Overall opinion? I would not bother with one again. Spend your money on this kinda shit instead:

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

I'll take a baretta thanks! :twisted:

Comment

ooOOOOo...now that i DO like... (the beretta)

Comment

I doubt Deej's bike will leave the building

Comment

Certainly wont leave the NEW Perth Extreme HQ (if I manage to pull these negotiations off over the next few days).

The bike will be surrounded by 1 metre thick concrete walls!

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

damn deej.....where the hell you going??!! 8)

Comment

deej: Fark mate! They must be expensive turtles..

Comment

damn deej.....where the hell you going??!! 8)
                        Trying to secure this little warehouse in the city. If it all comes together it will be 1,590 sqm of living area and bike parking.

mmmmmmmmmmmm dedicated LAN room.

mmmmmmmmmmm indoor pistol range....

mmmmmmmmmm

Shhhh u'l jinx me.

Comment

Number9, my mate ross just got an alarm fitted to his 954. I cant remember what brand is it but it has tilt sensor, immobiliser, auto arm .. cant think at the moment but it has all the features the Sonar one has that campo's talking about.

I spoke to pete and he said the sonar is about $550 (then you've gotta get it installed).

My suggestion would be to go and see Sol at Car Stereo City in Osbourne Park and ask him for a price. It'll be around $300 for the same features (and it's a smaller unit in size too)
                          mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

I found an alarm doesn't stop em picking it up and driving away with it... :cry:

Buy a lock with cable and tie it to an imovable object, slows em right down... :x
                            Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

Mate, I got an alarm put on my gixxer. it has a tilt sensor and imobiliser. As soon as the bike is tilted near vertical the alarm goes off.
                              Im pretty happy, I've had no probs with it. If ya want more info talk to a guy called Adam at Stratfield Inaloo, Scarborough Beach Road.

Comment

Working...
                              X