Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where might I be able to look at some handlebars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where might I be able to look at some handlebars?

im looking for some street bars or even drag bars, but want to have a closer look before I commit to a purchase..

does anyone know of a location that stocks quality handlebars (not clipons)? I know MC Pit Stop have a stack of renthal bars (or used to)..

examples of the type of bars im interested in, but not set on:

Street bars.

drag bars

Also, are there additional things I need to consider when switching bars, ie: throttle housing etc.?

Cable and brake line length will be your biggest hurdle when putting new bars on.
    Most shops carry Renthals et al.

Comment

supercycles has some on their shelves
      Originally posted by Bendito
      If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

oh yeah, cabling.. didn't think about that.

renthal do some nice superbike bars, I'll check out Mc pitstop and supercycles to begin with then maybe hit up causeway shops..

cheers.

Comment

Cabling shouldn't be an issue on your ER6, because the bars will be lower than the stock ones, so you'll have a little more slack.
          The only thing you might find is that you'll need to drill a small hole in the bars, because the switch blocks have a locating dowel. Pretty simple job though.
          FTP

Comment

These turned up in the mail this week. Just cheapy Ebay ones... but I needed to get them to work out my brake lines. They wont be on a bike for ages, so i'm happy to loan them if you want to try out a drag bar idea.
            Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

^ What's with that Eliminator sticker? The cafe bars I pulled off my bike had the exact same sticker?!?!?

Oh and JCS also carry a decent range of handlebars including drag bars, as does Supercycles mentioned above.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I went to both supercycles and jcs - they both had the drag bars I was chasing but they didn't haven any in black so no go.

I then went over to MC Pit Stop and checked out their driven fat bars with usual 7/8th ends to them - these looked like the go, so along with it I've picked up some 8mm risers to fit them.

So Im sussed out for the time being with a new set of bars - unfortunately I don't have time to fit them this weekend, so it looks like a job for next. stay tuned in the members projects section

Comment

I had some nice pro taper bars on my ER6, wasn't a problem with cables (while they were further out along the bars, they were also lower and further forward to compensate, so it all worked out ok).

It made a good difference, you sit leaning a bit more forward, so have more weight on the front end which helps it feel more planted through corners.
                  For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                  For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Reminds me Jeff, I've still got some spare bars for the ER6 sitting here. Brand new black ones, look rather nice, slightly lower than the stock ones I think.
                    such comment
                    wow
                    many post

Comment

Originally posted by El Skitzo View Post
                      ^ What's with that Eliminator sticker? The cafe bars I pulled off my bike had the exact same sticker?!?!?

Oh and JCS also carry a decent range of handlebars including drag bars, as does Supercycles mentioned above.
                      Ditto on my Daytonas

Thought they were just a brand? I got mine from a local store.
                      Originally posted by Dragunov-21
                      If you want me to answer a question, I want you to ask one that doesn't put words in my mouth that were never there.

Comment

Working...
                      X