How i get my bike on the ute...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How i get my bike on the ute...

I bought a Patrol ute not long ago and was thinking of way to get my bike on the back of it by myself.
    The tray is a bit too high for ramps, and those one man bike ramp/winch things was a bit too expensive. So this is what I came up with...

It worked a treat
    sigpic

holy crap. that's awesome

Comment

DIY hiab, good thinking!

How stable is it while lifting with those attachement points?
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Yeah the sphincter was working a bit the first time I lifted the bike. But its all sweet. Its bolted down with 8 high tensile M10 bolts.
        sigpic

Comment

yep, crankin!

Comment

very nice! how much is one of those hoist things?

Comment

Not DIY, they are sold under the name of "Backeze" or something like that.
              For a few extra bucks you can get then with an electric power pack so you dont have to jack/pump () the handle (snigger)
              They are easy to fit with a subframe to a tray back but can be quite difficult with a well body.

Bert
              It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hope you reinforced the tray under where the hoist mounts... else it will weaken over time
                Good stuff though!!

I have put the Brute on the back of my old Hilux with tray (higher than the pootrol) using two ramps and walking up while riding the clutch. Didn't faze me, but everyone's different about how much they risk their baby or have confidence in holding her :-)
                Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                . .

Comment

Dude, I think I saw you today with that bike on the back aswell. On Waneroo rd Crossing Ocean Reef road at about 8:30 maybe. And I thought to myself did he use that HIAB to get that bike on there?

Comment

Usuallly ill find a wall close to the height of the tray, like a retainer or something then park next to it, so the ramp angle is alot lower.
                    Thats a bloody good setup though mate!
                    wood for life? wood is life.
                    Originally posted by thro
                    i only squid it when riding pissed.

Comment

How much if I may ask? One of these for the work ute would be awesome.

Comment

you could of course got two ramps and wheeled the bike up one while walking up on the other. But hey. that looks cool
                        Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

Comment

i was lookin to get one of these when i used to have my Lux as it was stupidly high and getting bike in the back was a bit of an amazing balance act.
                          B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

The top pic has the bike lifted off the ground, so the tray is sitting lower than it normally sits. It sits at 1100mm normally. I've held some ramps I've seen in shops at 1100 and I didnt like the angle, dirt bike maybe but not with the clearance of the r1.

I got it at MALZ for $260, but last week they were on sale for $200 dammit. I was away at work so missed out.

Yeah AWSE I was taking the bike to dynotime. Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow.

I have a car engine hoist for sale now! (one of the ones with the folding legs) If I need to pull an engine I'll just reverse the ute up.
                            sigpic

Comment

I've used the hydraulic version before, those things are awesome! Perfect for pulling out fence posts without having to drive the front end loader 15km's down the road. Very strong too, I put out the stabilising leg a few times as the suspension was getting a beating on some heavy lifts. They can be slow to use, but perfect for occasional use.
                              Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon! Press the brake foot as you roll around the corners, and save the collapse and tie up.

Comment

Working...
                              X