1000cc (+) superbike sub culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000cc (+) superbike sub culture

what is the essence of the 1000cc (+) superbike (hyperbike) sub culture?

why do you ride a 300km/h superbike on public roads when a 600cc bike will more than double the maximum posted speed limit and hold just as much corner speed as a thou?
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

I went to a 1000 because I wanted more torque without going to one of the big bore nakeds that was designed 10 years ago... I went back because I simply didn't enjoy riding it. Nor do I particularly like sports bikes in general...

Comment

Clutching 3rd at 150.
      Wheelies past 200.
      Leaving big black marks out of corners.
      'Cos I can.

(or "could", rather)
      FTP

Comment

bigger is better

But honestly, because its got more lazy power.
        ZippySig.com

Comment

Originally posted by resist
          *yawn*. You're boring.
          no i recon there's a point there.

why by a 253 holden v8 when a 308 holden v8 will do the job without the screaming,cost less to run because its not so stressed and have a longer "life"

my 2c

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Its cause they can. If you build it they will come.
            Why go to the moon, we didnt have to, we didnt learn anything, we just did.

Comment

why ride a 250
              REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
              (anarchy in english )

Comment

1000 cc + hyperbike culture and the litre bike riders reply nope they don't get it ethier, my litre plus bike doesn't do 300km + anyway trust me I've tried, well without the aid of a mine shaft. Once upon a time litre bike wasn't really a class unless you had a V twin its only the event of the newer superbikes rules it has emerged.
                Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
                  why do you ride a 300km/h superbike on public roads when a 600cc bike will more than double the maximum posted speed limit and hold just as much corner speed as a thou?
                  I only have a 350 you insensitive clod.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTim View Post
                    Clutching 3rd at 150.
                    Wheelies past 200.

when i was a noob, i remember seeing people on litre bikes filter up to me and ignore my nods then smash me off the lights dissapearing into the distance at 150kmh+ on the rear tyre

then when i got a 600 it started happening more often (like every set of lights depending on company)

then when i got a thou, i naturally started dishing out the same treatment to every noob that gave me a friendly nod. there was a while there when i could modulate the height of my front tyre to stay just in front of a 600 while rubbing my mirror.

ive outgrown this now, but tried explaining this to a car driving friend the other day.. i was just seeding the superbike sub culture in that noob and they called BS im just an irresponsible hoon.

however they have just told me they were at the lights and spotted a superbike filter up to a 250 who turned and nodded- the superbike rider ignored the nod and proceeded to dissapear into the distance on the rear tyre.

i bet that rider has seen people pulling away from them on the rear tyre before

superbike sub culture is self sustaining
                    Originally posted by Bendito
                    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Torque.

To be honest without trying to sound like a dick, 600's feel gutless as fuck to me now on the rare occasions I ride one.

I know a good rider can out pace me on a 600, I know I dont ride my thou anywhere near its limits and I know I probably wouldnt ride a 600 to its limits.

Yet they honestly feel gutless as fuck to me, and why when Im in traffic would I want a bike where the power doesnt really kick in until up in the 8000-9000 range?

Im also 6'2 and about 100kg's so if I was 5'5 and 60 kilos I might think differently.

Oh yeah and also because 600 are for girls
                      My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Torque.
                        It's great to have it.
                        I've just taken the 11 off the road for maintenance/mods.
                        Bought a 7.5 (out to 8.1) to commute on.
                        Can really notice the difference.
                        Need to drop a gear, etc.
                        Last edited by 19andrew59; 24-11-2009, 06:30 PM.

Comment

bragging rights? Does a 1litre absolutely smash a 600 from the lights that badly? (i never been up against one) - i was led to believe they were *fairly* similar, but there was more difference up top where the 600 would run out of puff?

in any event, i wouldnt mind an R1 or something, but for the riding i do its overkill.

Comment

I HAVE A 1200.

I DON'T NOD AT CRUMMY LITTLE THOUSANDS.

/flop

/windmill

Comment

werds
                              You're probably not wrong, but I don't think envy really played much of a part in my wanting a litre bike.
                              It was more a case of wheelies=fun, fast=fun.

ive outgrown this now
                              Yeah, I haven't reached that point
                              FTP

Comment

Working...
                              X