Saturdays Country Run *Updated with more photos*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturdays Country Run *Updated with more photos*

What a shit tin of fun!!! Just over 600kms, started at 9:30am (ish) and I know I got home about 8pm after visiting the guys at the LAN night. I'm so buggered!!!

From BP South Perth we went down and hit Jandakot road and eventually made our way south towards Jarrahdale. Found Kingsbury Dve and hit it!!

Of course this time passing through Callens corner with a little more care!

From there we made our way to Canning Dam and basically continued south till we hit the Quindenning Pub around 1pm for lunch. Top steak sammos down that way!!

From there the decision was made to hit Collie, and so it was.....

Calvin will give a much better description of the run but some great (and not so great) roads were taken, kinda lumpy for the suspension set up I had but that was rectified 3 quaters the way through the day.

So all went really really well, everyone had a blast and I've just finished cutting up the video that #9 had on the 748. Looks like about 30 minutes or so, if anyone want s a look, it might be easier if they gimme a yell before the end of the week and I'll burn a copy!

Here's a few pics of how the bike and my gear ended up looking, the photos just don't do it justice!!!

Ride safe and have a bloody good time!!

Thanks again Calvin for an awesome day!

hehehe

Comment

dude i look like some old baldy guy.......... better grow some hair methinks

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

Yes sir that was one fucken awesome run!

I think my highlights would include the horse that nearly got t-boned by 9 bikes, the gpx incidents, and of course seeing the dial on my speedo running out of numbers...

Campo - I want, no, i need a copy of number 9's footage. Can it run through a multi-format dvd player?

GPX Girl - shit happens, keep riding, keep falling and have fun. I know what it takes to kill a GPX, they're a tough little bike and you will have to try a lot harder than lying it down in syd's "sandbox" corner!

:shock: :o
        How 'bout a nice cup of shut the f*&k up??

Comment

GPX Girl - shit happens, keep riding, keep falling and have fun. I know what it takes to kill a GPX, they're a tough little bike and you will have to try a lot harder than lying it down in syd's \"sandbox\" corner!

:shock:  :o  

WHAT THE!?

Someone please explain.............. soon

Comment

<laughs> I want a copy of da vid too!! pppllleeeeaaaasssseeee

:oops: hehe... ummm... :oops:

GPX + me + stopping in gravel = broken indicators + scratched up plastic + very dented mufflers + broke the end of the clutch leaver + bent and twisted gear shift.

:oops: pooor pooor bike. The first fall on the right side was an accident, the second one of the left side I didn't see the gravel at all. Both a case of comming in with the front brake on... like der, how dumb am I! :oops:

Thanks again to: [list]* Gonz1 for the cournering tips, made a HUGE difference!!
            * Mr G for straightening out my gear shift - made the ride home after pizza enjoyable!!
            * Spike for looking after (or at?) my ass the whole trip
            * The kind people who picked up and restarted my bike
            * Everyone, for being there to see it!![list]

So, when's the next country run??

Comment

Satursdays Ride

No worries Campo, glad you liked it.

I must say it was a great ride, Basicly we had around 3 groups. The front group (CBR900 - CBR600 - GSXR1000 - CBR929) went hard at front most day, second group (SP-1 - 748 - ) and 3rd group consisting of the 250's.

As Campo said we started off down Jandakot road with a scream!! for those getting lost, I left some lines to follow :twisted: I don't think any one disliked that road at all. very smooth and wide with plenty of bends, a good road for any beginner.
              From there it was a nice slow ride to Jarrahdale turn off were all hell broke loose!! the GSXR and the CBR900 just went out of sight leaving the CBR929 and CBR600 playing catch up (fun trying!). We went around canning dam (thank god we made it this time) and went on to Dwellingup.
              The ride up the hill was good, apart from the fucking bugs, but that was only a taste of what was to come.
              We fueled up ready to go, Quindanning pub here we come!! This was a quick one, with all 3 video camera's in action there was a lot of position changing, I stopped and waited for Campo and Number 9, tryed to get some video footage, but I got carried away with myself and, well not there. At the turn off I lead the group to the pub trying to get every one in the picture, that was fine until the GSXR & CBR900 took off (must have been thirsty). Had lunch at Quindanning pub (was fantastic) then took off to Colie, never in my life have i ever seen so many bugs, at one stage I could not see so I pulled over to clean my lense, got 100m up the road and hit a swarm of the fuckers (for fuck sake!) Gonz and I took off after GSXR and CBR900, but as our sight was going due to bug splatter the pace dropped.
              The ride out of Colie was even better, nice bit of road, At one stage I was on the chase after the GSXR and came around the corner to find the GSXR side ways to avoid hitting a horse (what a hart stopper) the rider of the horse was no were to be seen and there was another person chasing down the run away horse, after that it was full steam ahead down the hill.
              From there it was a very easy ride home, and a very late one with most people stuffed.
              Got some pictures, get campo to post them.

Comment

<laughs> I want a copy of da vid too!! pppllleeeeaaaasssseeee

:oops:  hehe... ummm...  :oops:  

GPX + me + stopping in gravel = broken indicators + scratched up plastic + very dented mufflers + broke the end of the clutch leaver + bent and twisted gear shift.

:oops:  pooor pooor bike. The first fall on the right side was an accident, the second one of the left side I didn't see the gravel at all. Both a case of comming in with the front brake on... like der, how dumb am I!  :oops:  

Thanks again to:  [list]*  Gonz1 for the cournering tips, made a HUGE difference!!  
                *  Mr G for straightening out my gear shift - made the ride home enjoyable!!  
                *  Spike for looking after (or at?) my ass the whole trip    
                *  The kind people who picked up and restarted my bike
                *  Everyone, for being there to see it!![list]

So, when's the next country run??

Damn girl.... glad ur ok. take it easy.

Comment

Aye... `twas just awesome. Only took a few still photos, and they're pretty uninteresting - but will upload them later. And video too..

Highlights:

* getting suspension mostly sorted out (thanks Calvin!)
                  * 10,000rpm in 6th gear
                  * chasing Campo through christ-knows-where
                  * being surprised by how fast Mr Barista pedals that 250RR
                  * Calvin's pace on the 600RR.. yikes!
                  * annoying Campo to mount the camera to my bike every five minutes
                  * going really, uhh, fast

Lowlights:

* gpx_gal's uncanny knack for finding gravel, wherever it is
                  * my steering damper appears to do, well, fuck-all
                  * couple of sphincter-clenching moments at high speed
                  * fucking bugs everywhere
                  * still some handling eccentricities to sort out

#9.

Comment

Did you guys see me in my green uterous? I was on my way down south for camping... saw yas on the great southern hw i think.. I was behind my mates silver falcon ute.. I put my hand out and waved! lol

Comment

Yes yes yes it was a very enjoyable ride....
                      i think i've allready prooved that i can keep up with the big bikes (kinda) so instead of pushing myself to the edge (and probably over) i took it easy and stayed at the back looking after gpx_gal yes that was looking afta not at her ass....well not all the time anyway, (i had to look at the road every now and then) it was a nice veiw (the scenery) and next time i'll probably stay with the big bikes (or try to) just for some fun......but i wouldn't complain if i got stuck behind gpx_gal again hehehe thanx all for the ride, it was my first country ride and i enjoyed every moment of it (except the bugs of course)
                      Spike

Comment

Did you guys see me in my green uterous? I was on my way down south for camping... saw yas on the great southern hw i think.. I was behind my mates silver falcon ute.. I put my hand out and waved! lol
                        man, I thought it was you, trust me, the roads are much better on two wheels rather than 4!!

About to get photos from the email soon watch this space.

Comment

I know! It was so boring sitting on 110kmph on cruize controll! Damm double demerit points!

But i did a few tricks! I had my right foot out the window and the left foot resting on the dash lol!

Comment

well im still not over saturdays ride, it was the best country ride ive been on, and ive had some good ones!
                            i was glad to get around the 'BIKE KILLER' corner on kingsbury road, then after that it was on, i had a ball trying to keep up wid da boys, and i was proud of mi efforts, fuck me there was some pace, on one of the straight i couldnt help but to look at the speedo, it read.......FRIGN FAST MAN
                            it was good to see everyone had a ball, gpx gal your welcome, im glad the advice helped!
                            keep it real yall, aight :!:
                            i havnt washed mi bike yet, i hope its not covered in ants, those little fuckers shit mi :roll:

Comment

hey Gonz, you better keep in touch with these boys then!! Calvin'll take you on some kick ass country runs for sure and there'll be plenty of them coming up over summer!

Comment

Working...
                              X