Twin Tone Air Horns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Tone Air Horns

Hey all, Just picked up a set of Air Horns from supa cheap in whitfords, will try get them installed by sunday. Should be able to let drivers know that iam there now as nearly got hit by a P plater of Hillarys Marina round about. will post the results.

Anyone else have a set installed? any points/tips?
    sigpic

I have a mini set on my cruiser because the normal horn couldn't be heard over my pipes. They are very loud. My install was pretty straight forward, I bought a small bracket from bunnings and drill and tapped it to my frame. Does your kit come with a relay as the new horn will draw more current than the stock one
    Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

Comment

Have 'em on the busa. Mine are the cheap plastic ones. Hints?

Don't put the horns near anything that get hot (ie keep them away from the exhaust headers). And just make sure your horn circuit can handle the current. If it has a separate fuse you'll know soon enough

Finally - don't rely on the horn to let people know you're there in traffic. If you have to go for the horn it's probably too late anyway.
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Loud horn would be handy when you are sitting at the green light behind the texting/talking/eating/makeup applying driver in front.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedRex View Post
          Loud horn would be handy when you are sitting at the green light behind the texting/talking/eating/makeup applying driver in front.
          Isn't that what a loud pipe is for?
          Project: Fix my tard! Now with extra reliability!
          SupermotoWA on Bookface
          You should go here and here, and definitely here.

Comment

yeah i got the relay in the set, got some 2.5mm flex, from what the tradie told me hes use to pull 10amps so got it covered, waiting to get some fully insulated lugs tomorrow, and about time i picked up a crimp set, dont want to use the back of the pliers haha. I will probably take it apart tomorrow and see what i can do, nothing cable ties cant hold up, was just a cheap Supa Works set for $30 get 2 horns and the compressor, pipes, t of section, and bolts and brackets.
            sigpic

Comment

Stolen from another forum... Wire as per the drawing, this pic is for 2 Hella horns tho... Least you get the idea what connections go where on the relay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	4879030

Comment

Working...
              X