fixing my trusty WR250F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixing my trusty WR250F

Look, so i did a bottom end rebuild bout 6 months ago on a bike i bought not running and in pieces.

in the rush i overlooked a suspect gear (dog) that on the words of the previous owner, the gearbox was fine when it stopped running. It turned out 5th gear is fucked and ive ridden it like that since like that. A few people suggested i do a 'how to' with this.

So in the hope of being a big kid while my missus is overseas, i plan to "stay up all night like your playing GTurismo, and go to school the next day (year 8ish for me)

"School" means work, and i start at 7am.

This will be a no alchohol event for me as i tend to fall to shit @10.30 on weeknights if im drinking.

So i propose wednesday next week at 5pm i will pull her down and hopefully have her toghther by 5.30am thursday.

im only doing this cause i can and i realise i could prob do this over the weekend but WHERES THE CHALLANGE!!!!!!

I look forward to me possibly failing and having to admidt it.

Nathan
    Lost and on reserve

So....
    Bought all the bits you'll need and got them already delivered?
    I smell fail coming Not to discourage you doing it, but you won't have it back together and happy with it in that time frame.
    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
    One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
    . .

Comment

yeah delivered.

the whole thing is wrapped in fail.... but thats the fun.

even without the fail of the bike, theres still the next day at work

and whole point of posting is to put pressure on me....
      Lost and on reserve

Comment

Have you got a cam to take some happy memories?

Kudos for taking on the challenge
        Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
        One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
        . .

Comment

You definitely need to set up a camera on a tripod and timer in the corner of the room to take photos every 5 mins or so.

We'll be able to see the exact point when you crack from tiredness and start throwing shit.
          Wes

Comment

fail without even starting.

ill try again fri arvo
            Lost and on reserve

Comment

Can be done in this time frame I did one Saturday and raced it on Sunday Check real careful as it won't just be 5th Also replace all the shift forks they are cheap and just not worth the risk. This may help little

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...rebuild-73135/

I've done more than a few of these!

MM

Comment

Yeah cheers Marty, looked over your thread when I replaced the crank.

I bought a complete gear assembly with forks and drum which looks the goods. No wear on forks or dogs. It's from a 01 and judging by the part numbers it will fit my 03.

Tomorrow night is looking promising, or next Thursday.
                Lost and on reserve

Comment

Get on thumper talk and check 03 was a year they made some changes, shift forks are really hard to see if they are worn if the tips look shiny replace them. I've been caught a few times they don't wear like car ones!

Comment

I'm going ahead anyway.

So as it standsClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305876164.695450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	4880084
                    Lost and on reserve

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305904094.013144.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	4880095

so, due to a couple visitors and a couple beers im not up for the long haul.

the engine is back together minus the cams + timing and im better off leaving it for the morning to finish it.

i still call a fail as i did none of the cool time lapse stuff, and i didnt take photos. and while i fall asleep soon ill be wondering if it will be a success

the selector forks had different part numbers (4NL vs 5NL) but they measured up the same

tomorrow will tell.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by smitto; 20-05-2011, 11:26 PM. Reason: words added
                      Lost and on reserve

Comment

You don't ride quick enough to need fifth anyway smitto. I'm Fucking hilarious aren't i! When are we riding? Back from work on the 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                        X