Best Motorbike 10W-40 Oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Motorbike 10W-40 Oil?

Tried searching but the search tool is naffed.

My Hyosung GT 250 EFI 2010 is ready for a service and it requires 10W-40 oil.
    Apparently, "Full Synthetic" oil is best so I went to Super Cheap to get some but they didn't have the one I was looking for, which was Penrite Everyday Plus 10W-40.

I picked up a Castrol Magnatac 10W-40 and a Nulon 10W-40 oil and asked the girl at the counter and she said I would be best getting 4 Stroke Motorbike Oil?
    Could anybody link me the best oil to use for my engine?

I ride it multiple times every day, seen some of the oils say "Everyday Plus" or "Racing" or "HPR5 10 15 Etc.." which I dont know what that is.

Any help would be great, thanks.

/Rick
    - XolituDe (Rick)

The 'best' is what's recommended for your engine, The best oil is new oil.

Pretty sure Flungers don't call for snake oil, the specific requirements are in your owners manual.

Comment

You should get a bike oil because unlike a car your bike has a wet clutch and car oil that is synth might not work well with it.

The best oil is regularly changed oil - especially on a bike, as your clutch will be shedding friction plate material into it.

Honda HP4 is a pretty good 10w40 synthetic that works in bikes. From memory it was actually pretty cheap too (like, cheaper than non-honda oil so for my honda it was a no brainer).
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

bike oil = bike shop

motul semi 10w-40
        "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Unless they specify that they can be used in bikes, as wiith some Penrite oils, don't use car oil in (most) bikes. If you know what to look for in an oil there are quite a few available that can be used, but without the knowledge or experience to be able to pick them it can end badly.
          I run HPR GAS 10 (10W50) and have done for a few years, it is actually quite popular, it isn't hard to find at auto shops.
          Recent recommendations for places to get oil have been from Golden West Engine Oil | Automotive Oil | Agricuture Engine Oil | Golden West Lubricants they are meant to do pretty good prices on ELF and TOTAL oils, they aren't common here but are well known in Europe.

Comment

Any 4 stroke 10w-40 bike oil will do. mineral ok but semi synth is better.(don't use car oil) Follow the specs of the manual,
            ...The key is frequent changes.

so if the service manual says 6000kms intervals change it every 3000km etc.

^This is actually more important than the brand used but it has to be motorbike oil.

Comment

Golden West Lubricants will sell you 4lts ELF 4T 10w50 for $33.00 + GST.
              It is full synthetic

Comment

We at VRT use Yamalube and have found it gives excellent protection and smooth gear changing. We rev them hard, basically most of their life on the shift light.

Your little Hyo will be fine with it and do not use any car oils,
                Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Alright thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.
                  Ill pop into the local bike gear shop opposite maccas on albany highway tomorrow, ive seen they have oils and see what they have, otherwise ill pop down to some of the shops at the causeway.

/Rick
                  - XolituDe (Rick)

Comment

Originally posted by Blazon View Post
                    so if the service manual says 6000kms intervals change it every 3000km etc.
                    Ive never had any problems doing changes by the book
                    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                      Ive never had any problems doing changes by the book
                      Depends how you ride

For engine life/longevity though I reckon it pays to be on the side of caution.

Comment

Originally posted by XolituDe View Post
                        Alright thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.
                        Ill pop into the local bike gear shop opposite maccas on albany highway tomorrow, ive seen they have oils and see what they have, otherwise ill pop down to some of the shops at the causeway.
                        They sell Motul which is pretty good oil.
                        get a can of Motul Chain lube as well, its sprays clear and doesn't fling.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMeanie View Post
                          Golden West Lubricants will sell you 4lts ELF 4T 10w50 for $33.00 + GST.
                          It is full synthetic

^^ This same quality oil as Motul, Rockoil or other bike brands yet less than half the price.
                          The guys here are good, when i went in for some oil they asked about the bike, read the oils data sheet and compared it with what was required for the bike then gave me oil to suit. Not just weight but JSA rating and all them other numbers etc.
                          B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Mike View Post
                            ^^ This same quality oil as Motul, Rockoil or other bike brands yet less than half the price.
                            The guys here are good, when i went in for some oil they asked about the bike, read the oils data sheet and compared it with what was required for the bike then gave me oil to suit. Not just weight but JSA rating and all them other numbers etc.
                            We will find out on Friday. If there is not an explosion and bits and pieces scattered along the way I'll rate it 10 out of 10.
                            The price is certainly 10 out of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazon View Post
                              get a can of Motul Chain lube as well, its sprays clear and doesn't fling.
                              At $30 a can I think it is way over priced...

Fuck a new chain only costs me $110...

Comment

Working...
                              X