Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dented Exhaust

Hi,

Im new to bikes and a few weeks ago i was run off the road and slid into a curb which unfortunately put a pretty nasty dent in my exhaust.
    Instead of paying over $400 for a new exhaust i was wondering if anyone knows how to or knows someone who can fix a dented exhaust.

Hopefully someone on here can give me some advice?

bike make model?
    tried online OS ?
    National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

What bike?

Exhausts are typically pretty thin and are a bitch to fix up. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up only being marginally cheaper to fix. You could also try motorcycle masters for a S/H item or find-a-part.com.au.

Comment

Pic? Some pipes can be repaired by putting water in them and sticking them in the freezer.
        -

Comment

Hi Ryan,

Firstly, welcome to PSB!

Have you considered getting a cheaper replacement exhaust? While that IXIL is nice, spending $400 on an exhaust for a GT250R is probably overkill.

There's always something like this, which is only half the price of the Xtrem, bolts straight up to the Hyosung's exhaust flange and should sound pretty similar to your old exhaust.

You could also track down an OEM muffler, but you'll lose the sound of the aftermarket exhaust.

Are you able to post up a picture of the dent so we can see how bad it is?
          "Who the hell steals a Ninja 250?"
          "People who enjoy the rush of theft but dislike the rush of speed..."

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
            Pic? Some pipes can be repaired by putting water in them and sticking them in the freezer.
            Geez you're a clever bastard sometimes!

[or most likely I am a Simpleton ]
            Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ReCon View Post
              Geez you're a clever bastard sometimes!
              Nah, I read it on the internet a few years back.
              -

Comment

Yeah ive actually used the water freeze method to fix headers before.

Just google it, im fairly sure there's heaps of info on the internets about it.
                Originally posted by tank-wombat
                Geoff seems like a wise man who's soul will slowly be destroyed by the stupidity of some people
                ----------------------------------------
                TRX 850.

Comment

I'm always surprised at how people dump their OEM mufflers / exhausts for next to nothing, be patient I reckon you'll have a good chance to pick one up probably for under $100.
                  I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                    I'm always surprised at how people dump their OEM mufflers / exhausts for next to nothing, be patient I reckon you'll have a good chance to pick one up probably for under $100.
                    Was out the back of McCulloch Suzuki once and they have a stockpile of OEM zorsts!

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                      And then they go looking for an original one when they get a yellow sticker a year later...
                      One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Working...
                      X