2009 Yamaha R1 Rear Brake Res

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Yamaha R1 Rear Brake Res

Hi all! As I'm sure there are plenty of these out there, I had some time this arvo to do an oil/filter service on my bike.

While waiting for the remaining oil to empty out, I decided to unbolt the pillion pegs (as this is not uncommon) and in the process have left the rear brake res dangling in the breeze as it was initially located by the right side pillion peg.

My question is what mod have you done to the res or how have you relocated it to ensure it doesn't fall below the master cylinder?

On another note, the black plastic undertray protecting the subframe from the pillion pegs when bolted on, is now also dangling in the breeze. The bolts won't grab from the outside and regardless need a couple of massive washers to keep them in place...

Anyone with a remedy for either??

Cheers

IDQ
    Rest in Peace
    Brother Ryad

ive seen people replace the oem mc with large bore hoses, doing away with the requirement for a support bracket.
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Yeah seen that too. Did some hunting around last night online and found these.

So pegs back on in the meantime
      Rest in Peace
      Brother Ryad

Comment

If this is true could do damage to the subframe
        Warning To 2009 R1 Owners - Rear Pegs : Yamaha R1 Forum
        "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

The pillion pegs also make great sliders
          REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
          (anarchy in english )

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
            If this is true could do damage to the subframe
            Warning To 2009 R1 Owners - Rear Pegs : Yamaha R1 Forum
            Only if the pegs are bolted on without the load-bearing cross member bracket. Shit design either way...
            Rest in Peace
            Brother Ryad

Comment

Haha u liar...I found those brackets

Comment

No no. You said surely there's an aftermarket bracket kit online. I searched and found them maaaayte
                Rest in Peace
                Brother Ryad

Comment

U searched for them as in clicking on the link I so handily provided you?? Hahah mayyyytttteeeee

Comment

Working...
                  X