carby cleaning outside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carby cleaning outside

ok scanned the net and the yanks talk about a product called pine sol degreaser that seams to clean the alloy like on carbs bright as after soaking in it for like overnight

does anyone know of such product or similar available here in oz

i am no chemist but heres its msd
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...zQ1Y99ILPRDdyg

heres a link to a forum that has like 24 pages dedicated to this and like 95% of the posters swear by it
    The Pine Sol Degreaser Thread - ADVrider

thanks in advance

Ultrasonic cleaner?
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
      Ultrasonic cleaner?
      i dont think its a stand alone cleaner/degreaser but hey i could be wrong

Comment

Carby Cleaner works well despite its unlikely name.
        -

Comment

youtube soda blasting. if u have a air compressor its a very cheap and easy option.

Comment

Soda blasting, ultrasonic cleaner, boiling in lemon juice, toothbrush and aluminium polish in order of preference
            Ryan

Originally posted by Aufitt
            Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Comment

just chasing a simpler method like the pine sol way

Comment

just looking at this thread and found it very interesting,we do not have pinesol here in the UK,I was wondering if dettol would work,is that sold in OZ?

Comment

cocacola

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

I think white phenyl is what you're looking for.
                    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by AAA Super Roo Charters View Post
                      just chasing a simpler method like the pine sol way

I hear paying someone else to do it is pretty straightforward and easy.
                      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by scottbott View Post
                        just looking at this thread and found it very interesting,we do not have pinesol here in the UK,I was wondering if dettol would work,is that sold in OZ?
                        yep carb cleaner and 3 bond makes a good one too

ended up going on ebay and bought 3 gallons of it from the states and its on its way

might become a unauthorised distributor hey

Comment

Mag wheel cleaner works very well!

Comment

I use this stuff when I want to restore the aluminium colour, strips it right back with that sort of dull matt white finish:

Degreaser SDC

But I always use fuel, in a wurth pump up bottle, to finish the clean because this stuff is detergent based and if there's any left over, you don't want that in yer carby!!!

Get one, they are the best for carbies, air cleaners.... anything and can be used at the track without requiring compressed air:

Wurth Pump UP Spray Bottle Cleaning Detailing Work Shop 4BLOK | eBay

Comment

Some of those degreasers are quite alkaline and you shouldn't leave them on aluminium overnight (or more than 30 mins I think they say)

Comment

Working...
                              X