Speedo spak out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo spak out

Hi guys, after my first decent ride I'm having issues with the speedo, bout half hour into the ride the speedo started whirring , the needle was jumping around next time I looked there was no needle it had snapped off at the centre pin
    firstly is this the cable or the speedo drive, the needle stub still moves just erratically everything else seemed fine for the ride but had to limp home only because I didn't know if it was gunna lock the front wheel up.
    Cheers
    Matt

Cable is probably snapped...

When they snap the two broken ends are still rubbing against each other causing the erratic movement...

This erratic movement has snapped your needle...

Comment

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
      Cable is probably snapped...

When they snap the two broken ends are still rubbing against each other causing the erratic movement...

This erratic movement has snapped your needle...
      Thanks Rich, thats what I was hoping ill replace the cable glue the needle and see how we go.

Comment

Disconnect cable from front hub, then turn cable to see if it's stiff or tight. Disconnect it from speedo head, and pull out cable centre, see if it's ragged or rusty. Maybe all it needs is greasing?

With cable disconnected spin front wheel off ground to ensure the wheel sin't going to lock up.
        Hopefully needle only jumped off the shaft, open up and push it back on, will need some calibration later.
        Last edited by henrys; 02-10-2014, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Had that, filled the cable outer with grease. My needle was made of metal so didn't snap.
          -

Comment

Working...
          X