Hyosung 250 problem pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyosung 250 problem pls help

Hello my bike was running perfect .its 2006.
    Then when i went to start it after 2 weeks of sitting it started but its running rough and the rev gauge doent work any more now?? Heres the weird but if i ride it it rides but wont go past 100 and takes ages to get there. Speed still reads but rev gauge doesnt. Some times the rev will work for a bit and i get full power again then gauge stops showing revs and i loose power again. So im thinking eletrical problem of sorts. Any ideas guys??

CDI / coil?

Any water got in somewhere that some wd40 might sort out? Checked the fuse?

Comment

There was a petrol leak the got on a few fittings i cant locate fusebox either do they have 1?

Comment

Originally posted by seannolanr6 View Post
        There was a petrol leak the got on a few fittings i cant locate fusebox either do they have 1?
        On my 09 Hyo 250 the fuses etc are under the rider's seat, use key to unlock and lift off pillion seat then use red knob under pillion seat to unlock then lift off rider's seat.
        Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by seannolanr6 View Post
          Hello my bike was running perfect .its 2006.
          Then when i went to start it after 2 weeks of sitting it started but its running rough and the rev gauge doent work any more now?? Heres the weird but if i ride it it rides but wont go past 100 and takes ages to get there. Speed still reads but rev gauge doesnt. Some times the rev will work for a bit and i get full power again then gauge stops showing revs and i loose power again. So im thinking eletrical problem of sorts. Any ideas guys??
          How easily does it start? And how are the headlights - bright or dark?

I'm thinking it's your battery and/or charging system (Regulator/Rectifier).
          Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
          1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Hey loud, not easy but it does start lights are pretty bright the revs start to work sometimes at light 90 when i got it full throttle. Hell weird

Comment

Start by getting the battery load tested. If it's borked then replace it. It could be stuffed for a couple of reasons - it's either old and past it or your charging system may be cactus. So if a battery fixes your issue then make sure you follow up by testing your charging system with a multi-meter.

If it isn't the battery then you have the unfortunate case of an intermittent fault. If that were the case I'd be taking it to an auto electrician first up, it'll cost a bit but it saves hours and hours and hours of time spent tracing wiring diagrams and looms.
              Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
              1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Sounds like it is running on one cylinder...

The tacho must be getting it's feed from the same place as the cylinder thats dropping out...

Comment

[MENTION=6669]Rich...[/MENTION] isn't it common for the tacho signal to come from the CDI, as a result of a signal from the stator pickup? I haven't come across any bikes that use another system (to date).

Should be an easy check though - pull both plugs and see if they look the same as one another.
                  Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                  1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Rich ur a dam genius! Was running on 1 changing plugs now as there dirty as hope this fixes problem

Comment

Ok so i changed plug and front cylinder not running still, so im guessing its the front coil? Rev gage connected to front coil so would make sence?

Comment

the tacho comes off the front coil feed wire, there are two wires one is power feed which is common to both coils the other is the coil feed this is the wire you are looking for.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X