Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove residue from masking tape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove residue from masking tape?

Just spraying my fairing and was using masking tape between coats, how can i remove the residue leftover from the masking tape? I'm worried about putting the clear coat over the residue but don't want to use any chemicals either.
    sigpic

Orange Power or Citrus Clean
    What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

I've got some of that Orange Power, i was a bit worried it might effect the clear coat though. Have you used the Orange Power between coats before?
      sigpic

Comment

Wax and grease remover
        B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Sorry No idea.

Paging Mr Tato
          What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

if you don't want chemicals, eucalyptus oil?

Comment

x 2 on the oil

Comment

Cant eucalyptus oil make clear coat hazy?

Comment

I suppose the euca oil makes sense as the paints are oil based...
                  sigpic

Comment

Prepsol... [MENTION=8418]potato[/MENTION]
                    SP RACINGis supported by:
                    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
                    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
                    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Get an aerosol can of Bosisto's Eucalyptus Spray from a pharmacy or supermarket. Very useful for removing sticker residue.

One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Prepsol will be fine
                        No road to rough no muff to tough.

Comment

Wax n Grease remover is what the pros use, there pros because they use it - simple

Don't use anything else as it can eat into the paint work and make it tacky as its still fresh and gassing, in turn it may damage it.

Wax and Grease remover

RR
                          http://www.cleanride.com.au - https://www.facebook.com/cleanridedetailingstudio/ - https://twitter.com/CleanRideAD - https://www.instagram.com/clean_ride_aus/

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth View Post
                            Just spraying my fairing and was using masking tape between coats, how can i remove the residue leftover from the masking tape? I'm worried about putting the clear coat over the residue but don't want to use any chemicals either.
                            its a bitch when that happens!

use a better quality tape is my first suggestion, but if your an occasional painter,well...........

so, what kind of paint have you used? if its acrylic chances are the prepsol will stain the paint,even fresh 2 pac will stain.

try a bit of dishwashing liquid and push on the residue gently.most should come off but a light sand will remove the rest.
                            [MENTION=6767]Stephan[/MENTION] that ok?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by TROUBLE View Post
                            Sorry No idea.

Paging Mr Tato
                            see above [MENTION=16420]TROUBLE[/MENTION]

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Definitely NOTHING with oil in it, otherwise you'll only have to use something to remove all traces before you apply the next coat. Wax and Grease remover for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X