Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove residue from masking tape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RRossi View Post
    Wax and Grease remover
    Is that what you use to wash your luscious locks? 😜

Comment

I had trouble finding "prepsol" when it was recommended to me, am I right to assume that is a brand name? I obviously don't know the right person yet.
      I ended up with Repco wax and grease remover and it's magic. Great for removing rego sticker residue from windscreens and such. I was told it is paint safe.
      Only dead fish go with the flow

Comment

Originally posted by danb View Post
        I had trouble finding "prepsol" when it was recommended to me, am I right to assume that is a brand name? I obviously don't know the right person yet.
        I ended up with Repco wax and grease remover and it's magic. Great for removing rego sticker residue from windscreens and such. I was told it is paint safe.
        ooops yes, thats a brand name

its wax and grease remover

the one i buy is called exit clean, who dreamed up that name??

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Anything wrong with using good old turps [MENTION=8418]potato[/MENTION]?

Comment

Originally posted by Old frt View Post
            Anything wrong with using good old turps potato?
            turps was used before wax and grease remover was invented.

wayyy before my time in the trade

dianella 93703770

Comment

Originally posted by potato View Post
              wayyy before my time in the trade
              You what mate, you avvin a shot or sumfink.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                Is that what you use to wash your luscious locks? 😜
                Friday Funny

Hang on I want him to detail my bike soon, I best be nice.^_^

Comment

Using enamel spray cans, back yard job for a fairing that's past it's used by date. I ended up just using plain paper towels and water, it seems to have got it. I think most of the effect is actual the masking tape pulling little flecks of paint off.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth View Post
                    Using enamel spray cans, back yard job for a fairing that's past it's used by date. I ended up just using plain paper towels and water, it seems to have got it. I think most of the effect is actual the masking tape pulling little flecks of paint off.
                    custom painters go to a lot of trouble to get that effect

dianella 93703770

Comment

Originally posted by potato View Post
                      ooops yes, thats a brand name

its wax and grease remover

the one i buy is called exit clean, who dreamed up that name??
                      How do u find the exit clean? I always thought it had a strong petrol smell but was good cos it didn't evaporate super quick
                      B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Go to your local music shop and get some trumpet valve oil, should be a couple of dollars for a little bottle. It's a really mild petroleum distillate, kind of like sewing machine oil. Makes getting rid of any glue residue effortless. Never tried it on bike paint or plastics though, so not sure how it'll go. But I used it on the car a few times, worked a treat.

Comment

No don't do that....
                          B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Mike View Post
                            No don't do that....
                            WHS

mike ! i cant smell anything in the booth,the air pushes all the fumes down

i try not to sniff anything here either

dianella 93703770

Comment

Originally posted by RRossi View Post
                              Wax n Grease remover is what the pros use, there pros because they use it - simple

Don't use anything else as it can eat into the paint work and make it tacky as its still fresh and gassing, in turn it may damage it.

Wax and Grease remover

RR

id trust this guy

Comment

Working...
                              X