welding steel bike frames.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llbuono View Post
    A Honda xl 185, I havent seen the bike yet thats a good idea inserting a pipe and it would look better than an external gusset and the weld cap could be ground flush on the exposed side for aesthetics.
    This is turning into a real collaborative effort! Just a note, the pipe is under the side cover so aesthetics are not critical..
    If it's good to ya, it's good for ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney67 View Post
      Arch3r, you need to cafe the old XL, go for broke have Ibuono make you a new Reynold 631 frame, alloy rims.....$$$$ tonne up XL185 special beckons!
      Yep my thoughts exactly mate (except for the custom frame!). As soon as I saw the bike needed work I wanted to strip it down and customise the hell out of it. I have seen a nice older XL175 cafe at 66 Motorcycles and they really lend themselves to it.

Don't know about full classic cafe style, I think I'm too fond of the geeky angular tank, but a Bratstyle/Scrambler type thing could be good (I know I'm probably using those words wrong..).

But then I saw this:

and thought: woooooowwwww!!!!!!!

One day maybe... subject for another thread sometime.

For now, just get the old girl back on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Arch3r View Post
        Yep my thoughts exactly mate (except for the custom frame!). As soon as I saw the bike needed work I wanted to strip it down and customise the hell out of it. I have seen a nice older XL175 cafe at 66 Motorcycles and they really lend themselves to it.

Don't know about full classic cafe style, I think I'm too fond of the geeky angular tank, but a Bratstyle/Scrambler type thing could be good (I know I'm probably using those words wrong..).

But then I saw this:

and thought: woooooowwwww!!!!!!!

One day maybe... subject for another thread sometime.

For now, just get the old girl back on the road
        Originally posted by Arch3r View Post
        This is turning into a real collaborative effort! Just a note, the pipe is under the side cover so aesthetics are not critical..
        Well get it fixed soon toby but every weld you leave is like your signature you want it to look nice.

Comment

Nice like that red and silver beauty?

Might need to bring round a couple of cans of spray paint too!!!

Comment

Throw me a pm when u want it done , any time suits me , btw er70s is what they use to welc crmo frames , the tube has the strength and the weld needs a little flexability to stop stress fractures and work hardening ,
            Lee
            Regards Lee

Comment

Working...
            X