Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyosung 2010 GT250R-strange issue on hot day or when engine is hot

Hi all,

It's my first post. I have bought a GT250R which has only done 7000kms. First month it's was all right with no issues then I took the bike to office the temperature on the day was around 38 degrees, came out of the office around 3:30pm tried to start the bike, the fuel pump won't prime and then bike won't start. My mate checked the fuel pump relay and it was fine.
    With no option I left the bike at my work place and next day my mate bought a trailer with him so we can bring the bike back home. It was 10am, temperature was around 22 degrees and it was a cool day. Reached the bike spot inserted the key in the bike and all went well, bike started without issues. Now I am scared to ride my bike to anywhere as I don't trust it anymore.
    After this day fuel pump won't prime on a hot day and won't start but on a cool day fuel pump will prime and the bike will start but after around 15 minutes, when the engine is hot the bike will turn off it self.
    I live in a regional place where we don't have a hyosung dealer in town so I have asked a mechanic to look at the bike he checked many things and suggests that my fuel pump is not responding.

Friends, can you help me in diagnosing the problem, did anyone else experienced this kind of problem?.

I am not a tools person so if you ask me to check anything it's hard for me to do, I am planing to buy a fuel pump and fix my bike.

Your help will be appreciated.
    Vik

Could it be fuel vapourisation - especially in or near the fuel-pump? Are the fuel-lines routed anywhere near hot bits?

Comment

Also check any relays...esp fuel pump associated...as they may be on the way out due to arcing. Check all connections are secure too. Did you buy from a dealer as it should have some warranty.
      Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

"it's the battery"
        "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
          "it's the battery"

No I don't think its the battery, its a brand new battery.

Comment

Check the battery terminals when hot and the engine ground mighty be loose.

Need a multimeter
            "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Hahaha Halo...straight over OP's head...
              Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Double check the battery is tightened properly. My gt250r used to sometimes start fine and soemtimes have trouble and I couldn't work out why... turns out the battery terminal wasn't screwed in that much.
                Only heat related issue I know about with the gt250r is that due to it being an oil cooled bike if you thrash it in summer (trying to keep up with big bikes on country roads etc) as soon as you come to a stop it will stall. Common on all oil cooled bikes from what I hear.
                If you aren't hearing the fuel pump prime and all other electrics are on i'd say it's gotta be either battery not being done up tight enough (some electricity getting through to light up dash and headlight but that's it as was the case with mine when I first got it) or stuffed fuel pump. What year is yours?

Comment

Originally posted by fetus View Post
                  Double check the battery is tightened properly. My gt250r used to sometimes start fine and soemtimes have trouble and I couldn't work out why... turns out the battery terminal wasn't screwed in that much.
                  Only heat related issue I know about with the gt250r is that due to it being an oil cooled bike if you thrash it in summer (trying to keep up with big bikes on country roads etc) as soon as you come to a stop it will stall. Common on all oil cooled bikes from what I hear.
                  If you aren't hearing the fuel pump prime and all other electrics are on i'd say it's gotta be either battery not being done up tight enough (some electricity getting through to light up dash and headlight but that's it as was the case with mine when I first got it) or stuffed fuel pump. What year is yours?
                  My model is 2010, EFI model.

Its strange, on a cool day like today the temperature was around 12 degrees the fuel has primed with out any issues and bike started fine but on a on last Friday the temperature was around 22 degress and the fuel pump won't even prime and the bike won't start. I don't think it's battery or its connections because that's already been checked.

Comment

When you have trouble starting does the tank hiss or do you get a noise on opening the tank? If so it could be a kinked breather hose
                    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                    Originally posted by Phildo
                    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                    Originally posted by filbert
                    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

I know this probably isn't helpful but having previously owned one have you considered that the problem could just be that it's a hyo?

Comment

Originally posted by whiskee1 View Post
                        I know this probably isn't helpful but having previously owned one have you considered that the problem could just be that it's a hyo?
                        Yeah you're correct, it isn't helpful in the slightest Besides starting/running issues are something others have had even with other brands of bikes not just Hyo's
                        The only question is why is this in "How to's" ?
                        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                        Originally posted by Phildo
                        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                        Originally posted by filbert
                        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

But in all seriousness I had the 650 and it did all sorts of strange stuff from stalling to its idle revs going up 1500 rpm on what it normally was and most of these problems were when it got hot. Anyone who I got to look at for me from the dealer to a local mechanic all said they couldn't find why it was doing it and said it was just something with the brand.

Comment

I know your in Dubbo.
                            Google the hyo site...
                            Look @ posts of similar model,might just find what you're looking for...
                            (My relo's are from Parkes...) ;-)
                            " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

From personal experience with a GT650s, Hyosung need better quality control on their electrical components but the motor wasn't bad for a cheap arse, rattly Twin.
                              If you have the same problem, try crossing the poles on the starter solenoid with a screwdriver, if it starts up then most likely that's your culprit, at least that's what I found.

Comment

Working...
                              X