Hyosung 2010 GT250R-strange issue on hot day or when engine is hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whiskee1 View Post
    But in all seriousness I had the 650 and it did all sorts of strange stuff from stalling to its idle revs going up 1500 rpm on what it normally was and most of these problems were when it got hot. Anyone who I got to look at for me from the dealer to a local mechanic all said they couldn't find why it was doing it and said it was just something with the brand.
    Pre EFI I assume? My EFI has no problems other bikes don't, I steered clear of pre efi for the fact that hyo had those teething issues when coming into the market but they now make from what I can tell quiet decent lams bikes and I would consider them if they ever broke into the non lams market.

Back to the topic, I noticed at 5am thismorning that at that time of day the noise when I clicked my kill switch to on is quiet audible then thought of this thread... is it possible something in that switch is somehow making it think your killswitch is on when it's hot and that is why the fuel pump isn't priming? Basicly that seems the whole purpose of the killswitch is to cut power to the fuel pump.

Comment

Originally posted by fetus View Post
      Pre EFI I assume? My EFI has no problems other bikes don't, I steered clear of pre efi for the fact that hyo had those teething issues when coming into the market but they now make from what I can tell quiet decent lams bikes and I would consider them if they ever broke into the non lams market.

Back to the topic, I noticed at 5am thismorning that at that time of day the noise when I clicked my kill switch to on is quiet audible then thought of this thread... is it possible something in that switch is somehow making it think your killswitch is on when it's hot and that is why the fuel pump isn't priming? Basicly that seems the whole purpose of the killswitch is to cut power to the fuel pump.
      No it was a '13 model. After awhile I just put it down to being a Friday afternoon special. And you're right for a LAMS bike to learn on it was great, they just need to sort out their electrics and they'd be a bike you would almost consider holding on to

Comment

Originally posted by whiskee1 View Post
        I know this probably isn't helpful but having previously owned one have you considered that the problem could just be that it's a hyo?
        I think you nailed it there lol
        K1 Bandit 1200S,

Comment

As tge guys are saying sounds like an electrical issue, normally if the fuel pump was dud it wouldn't prime any time hot or cold, I too wou;d be checking relays if you have a dodgy connection it sometimes can cause higher current draw on a hot day this can also cause the bike to cut out when it gets hot as the dodgy component heats up.

get all your relays and wiring checked out before paying out for a fuel pump,

or to check the fuel pump you can also check it out of the bike by connecting it to 12 volts and submerge it in fuel. don't do it dry or you can damage it,
          try it cold first then heat up the fuel pump with a heat gun and try it again if it works that's the issue if not its something else.
          K1 Bandit 1200S,

Comment

Have you checked the regulator? They're a big problem with cooking them on the hyos. It may not be producing enough volts to the ecu?

Not starting can be other things like clutch switch and kickstand switch but the fact that the fuel pumps not priming makes me wonder.

Also I'm unsure of how the neutral safety works but if the bike doesn't know its in neutral the bike won't prime. You may have more help asking on ko rider.

Comment

Hello all,

i have gv250 and i have completely same problem, i read forum, i have seen same problem. but i couldn.t see any solution. i'm experince about electrcal devices. i checked relay, battery etc. finaly i found there is not output from ecu to feul pump relay. gv250's fuel pump doesn't run in hot days, but it works without any problem in cold days. strange thing, there is no any error appear EFI lambs. some device effect to ECU in high tempereture, i think it related with temperature safety, bu i couldn't find reason, same one help if experince with same problem?

Comment

Working...
              X