Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

damaged riding gear

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • damaged riding gear

    Hi guys, need a little assistance with an insurance claim thats been going on for over 6 months. Too long a story to tell but we are at the pointy end now and the insurance will not pay for replacement gear without photos. My sons missus unfortunately threw out the damaged gear and no photos were taken of it.
    Does anyone have photos of - mens- ankle boots (Size 11 or around that), black kevlar lined jeans and dri-rider jacket mostly black. that we could send them to tick their boxes ?
    you can email direct if its easier, I always have problems uploading photos here it might just be me. ( [email protected]) thanks in advance guys
    Don't wait for your ship to come in... swim out to meet it

  • #2
    Um - don't get upset at this.. but you're advertising on a public forum you want to commit fraud? Coz that's exactly what it would be.

    Comment


    • #3
      Can I come to your court date when you get caught out ? Never seen a fraud case in real life
      Rest in Peace

      #294

      Comment


      • #4
        im obviously a little too innocent for this cynical place but if gear is damaged and needs replacing, the insurance has admitted their clients liability, we have the quote . the bike is in the process of being repaired, all they need is photos of gear to tick their boxes, what exactly is the issue. Its not as if its a fake claim. Anyone who has been downed knows that gear is a once only protection deal and they are just ticking boxes ?? we are not claiming for $600 boots ,and a $800 jacket, just the average joe price. .. to replace average joe gear.
        Pull your heads in people.
        Don't wait for your ship to come in... swim out to meet it

        Comment


        • #5
          You're better off just calling them and telling them what happened. They dragged the claim out for ages, someone chucked out the damaged gear. See if the repair shop (hopefully a dealer) will add replacement gear to the quote.
          EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by angelic View Post
            im obviously a little too naïve for this cynical place but if gear is damaged and needs replacing, the insurance has admitted their clients liability, we have the quote . the bike is in the process of being repaired, all they need is photos of gear to tick their boxes, what exactly is the issue. Its not as if its a fake claim. Anyone who has been downed knows that gear is a once only protection deal and they are just ticking boxes ?? we are not claiming for $600 boots ,and a $800 jacket, just the average joe price. .. to replace average joe gear.
            Pull your heads in people.
            If you don't believe me, why don't you phone them and ask "Can I send a photo of just any old damaged gear in, even if it's not the damaged gear in question?"

            Comment


            • #7
              So far this is the worst Friday Thread I've read in ages.
              All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
              #158...RIP James Thompson

              Originally posted by Ryanoceros
              Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by angelic View Post
                im obviously a little too innocent for this cynical place but if gear is damaged and needs replacing, the insurance has admitted their clients liability, we have the quote . the bike is in the process of being repaired, all they need is photos of gear to tick their boxes, what exactly is the issue. Its not as if its a fake claim. Anyone who has been downed knows that gear is a once only protection deal and they are just ticking boxes ?? we are not claiming for $600 boots ,and a $800 jacket, just the average joe price. .. to replace average joe gear.
                Pull your heads in people.
                I personally know two members from this forum who have either worked previously or work currently for insurance companies. I asked one of them "is this fraud ?" and the response was "yes if they're trying to get monetary gain".

                If you're trying to get reimbursed for your gear in the form of... say... money.. and you're trying to use photos of someone else's gear as proof of ownership, that's fraud there fella.

                If you don't like what we've said, why haven't you rung or emailed the insurance company ?
                Rest in Peace

                #294

                Comment


                • #9
                  The sons missus needs educating.

                  That shit goes straight to the pool room.
                  They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    See if the shop doing your claim/repairs will do a stat dec that the gear was written off and needed replacement.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Explain that you do not have photos of the gear but they remain part of your, as still ,outstanding claim.
                      Also bring to their attention everything else that you as yet have not claimed in relation to this incident which remains unfinalised.
                      (car hire ,parking, phone calls pain and suffering and potential legal fees)
                      Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SomeBloke View Post
                        See if the shop doing your claim/repairs will do a stat dec that the gear was written off and needed replacement.
                        Originally posted by somebodyelse View Post
                        Explain that you do not have photos of the gear but they remain part of your, as still ,outstanding claim.
                        Also bring to their attention everything else that you as yet have not claimed in relation to this incident which remains unfinalised.
                        (car hire ,parking, phone calls pain and suffering and potential legal fees)
                        The above is the best course of action IMO
                        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                        Originally posted by Phildo
                        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                        Originally posted by filbert
                        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

                        98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by =Maz= View Post
                          So far this is the worst Friday Thread I've read in ages.


                          Sorry maz I’ve been trying to give you all a Friday thread but I just can’t do it lol.
                          Born to ride forced to work

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yep I totally agree with the fraud side of things ( not saying them at is your sons mrs intentions). What apatheticend said is a good idea. Speak to the insurance company about the situation and what happened to the riding gear. Then ask if a photo of the same or close to gear new or someone else’s old gear is acceptable. Which I don’t think they will allow, but they might some great advice on what to do about it. Don’t comit the fraud for some riding gear. All the best with the situation


                            Edit: and what somebodyelse said.
                            Born to ride forced to work

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Oh and if they do say any photos count, get that in writing (email), to cover your back.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X