Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sporti
    replied
    If they ask for you to send them the damaged items prior to paying out, you also have another problem to deal with.

Leave a comment:

• Water pig
    replied
    As much as I hate insurance companies, fraud is fraud, they are professionals and know all the scams and angles that you might be thinking of, end result you get fucked and they win. Try a different path for your own good.

Leave a comment:

• agrid
    replied
    Insurance fraud never ends well. See if the shop has invoices from your purchase.

Leave a comment:

• Alternate
    replied
    If you're willing to use photos someone else sends in, why don't you just google "black motorcycle jacket" and hit images... at least you won't be dragging someone else into it.

No photos of your own gear means no proof that you were even wearing gear.

Leave a comment:

• pnork
    replied
    Heh

Leave a comment:

• dwillia
    replied
    Pull your heads in!!

ROFL

Fraud for sure!

Leave a comment:

• SomeBloke
    replied
    Oh and if they do say any photos count, get that in writing (email), to cover your back.

Leave a comment:

• CbrRider81
    replied
    Yep I totally agree with the fraud side of things ( not saying them at is your sons mrs intentions). What apatheticend said is a good idea. Speak to the insurance company about the situation and what happened to the riding gear. Then ask if a photo of the same or close to gear new or someone else’s old gear is acceptable. Which I don’t think they will allow, but they might some great advice on what to do about it. Don’t comit the fraud for some riding gear. All the best with the situation

Edit: and what somebodyelse said.

Leave a comment:

• CbrRider81
    replied
    Originally posted by =Maz= View Post
    So far this is the worst Friday Thread I've read in ages.

Sorry maz I’ve been trying to give you all a Friday thread but I just can’t do it lol.

Leave a comment:

• Para045
    replied
    Originally posted by SomeBloke View Post
    See if the shop doing your claim/repairs will do a stat dec that the gear was written off and needed replacement.
    Originally posted by somebodyelse View Post
    Explain that you do not have photos of the gear but they remain part of your, as still ,outstanding claim.
    Also bring to their attention everything else that you as yet have not claimed in relation to this incident which remains unfinalised.
    (car hire ,parking, phone calls pain and suffering and potential legal fees)
    The above is the best course of action IMO

Leave a comment:

• somebodyelse
    replied
    Explain that you do not have photos of the gear but they remain part of your, as still ,outstanding claim.
    Also bring to their attention everything else that you as yet have not claimed in relation to this incident which remains unfinalised.
    (car hire ,parking, phone calls pain and suffering and potential legal fees)

Leave a comment:

• SomeBloke
    replied
    See if the shop doing your claim/repairs will do a stat dec that the gear was written off and needed replacement.

Leave a comment:

• chew
    replied
    The sons missus needs educating.

That shit goes straight to the pool room.

Leave a comment:

• Ryanoceros
    replied
    Originally posted by angelic View Post
    im obviously a little too innocent for this cynical place but if gear is damaged and needs replacing, the insurance has admitted their clients liability, we have the quote . the bike is in the process of being repaired, all they need is photos of gear to tick their boxes, what exactly is the issue. Its not as if its a fake claim. Anyone who has been downed knows that gear is a once only protection deal and they are just ticking boxes ?? we are not claiming for $600 boots ,and a $800 jacket, just the average joe price. .. to replace average joe gear.
    Pull your heads in people.
    I personally know two members from this forum who have either worked previously or work currently for insurance companies. I asked one of them "is this fraud ?" and the response was "yes if they're trying to get monetary gain".

If you're trying to get reimbursed for your gear in the form of... say... money.. and you're trying to use photos of someone else's gear as proof of ownership, that's fraud there fella.

If you don't like what we've said, why haven't you rung or emailed the insurance company ?

Leave a comment:

• =Maz=
    replied
    So far this is the worst Friday Thread I've read in ages.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X