ZZR Indicator Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZZR Indicator Mod

Been searching for some original indicators from an overseas model ZZR as they fit into the frame next to the brake light and look a hell of alot better. No luck!!!

I knew that the amber indicator lenses were still there but they were painted over for the australian imports. So today with a bit of time to kill I decided to try cleaning them up.

Before pic

I went over to Bunnings and picked up some paint stripper which wasn't to harsh as I didnt want it to eat into the plastic. Also grabbed a brush to apply it with.

I tried first on a part that wouldn't be seen in case it stuffed the plastic but found this stuff to be weak as piss so didnt worry too much about it. In the end I had to wrap them in cling wrap plastered with the stripper for it to actually do something but it got the majority of it off. Took a few hours but.

Afterwards there was a bit still stuck in the corners that the stripper didnt want to touch so I soaked them in thinners for short periods of time and scrubbed them with a tooth brush. You dont want to leave them in thinners for too long as it will melt the plastics.

Afterwards I gave them a bit of a cut and polish and they turned out mint. A little marked by the paint stripper but you can hardly tell.

Next you will have to find some globe holders as the original ones will not work. I pulled mine out of an XF falcon I just so happened to have in the backyard.

You can see that there is already a hole for mounting the globe and I just cut the mount from the XF to fit into the hole. There are electrical joiners for each light so I just cut them and soldered it to the new globe holders.

Job Done

10.81 BLADE

I'm a flirtalicious

looks sweet mate! good work

Comment

very clean looking. nice job mate

Comment

Noice....
        In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
        Its the little things that make the difference
        Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
        If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

I was going to give you shit just for the sake of being a dickhead friend but damn bart, that looks pretty bloody mate......love your work. Home next friday, itchin for a ride!!!

Comment

Nice work mate.
            Mine came like that which saved me a bit of work

Comment

Schmick. Nice work.

Might have to give it a try myself if I get bored one day.

Comment

The end result looks good. Smart Cookie!
                The Wheelie - Poppin ZZR

Comment

Nicely done Bart.. I had done that to my Wench also..
                  The lens are available from a shop in QLD.. but I just cant recall who they were..
                  You used to be able to order them thru /MotorCycle plus or 2 Wheel Wreckers...
                  Norm
                  Its a Tour not a Race - Just don't get in my way when I'm Touring.

OzVFR.net MGP Tipping Mews News

Comment

Does it go faster now? Those stock indicators must have created some sort of drag

Comment

Thanks guys. Unfortunately she doesn't go any faster but does look a heap better
                      10.81 BLADE

I'm a flirtalicious

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                        Thanks guys. Unfortunately she doesn't go any faster but does look a heap better
                        Looks tidy Bart. I reckon you'll be in the 16's now.

Comment

very nice bart

alot better then those things that were hanging off the side
                          toughen up princess

life equals pain pain equals life

Comment

Never ever noticed, I wil try this for sure
                            good work mate

Comment

when i saw paint stripper and plastic in the same pics i had my doubts, but that turned out perfect, well done.
                              Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Working...
                              X