Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event black dog ride

Hi all,

My partner is helping to coordinate this event so i thought i'd share the info with y'all. She runs the Bridgetown arm of LAMP which is a non government mental health support service and is to be the benefactor of funds raised.

Its being organised by Steve Andrew's who was the bloke that completed a 26 day fund-raising ride around Australia last year to raise awareness of depression.

Its in the middle of April so the weather may very possibly be awesome and we know some of the roads are awesome so keep it in mind and i'll bump it along closer to the date.

Cheers ppls,
    Paul

EDIT: To add more details...

Mark it on your calendar and tell your mates – this is a ride not to be missed! On Sunday April 18, Steve Andrews is coordinating a motorbike ride from Bridgetown to Busselton to raise community awareness about depression and to raise funds for our local community-based mental health service – Lamp Inc. Dr Graham Jacobs, WA Minister for Mental Health, will be participating in the event and will launch the ride at the Old Railway Building, Railway Parade, Bridgetown.

The day will start at 8am with breakfast at the Old Railway Building, cooked by the Bridgetown Lions, before departing at 9.45am to travel some great riding roads on the way to Nannup for a coffee break. Riders then head off to Busselton to arrive at Signal Park at 1.00pm for a Busselton Lions sausage sizzle, entertainment, bike display, mental health expo and family fun activities.

Riders are also invited to participate in a gathering the evening before the event (Saturday 17th April) to take advantage of the warm hospitality at the beautifully restored Bridgetown Hotel. The Hotel has offered Black Dog Riders a special upstairs area to enjoy a meal, a drink and some camaraderie. (Please book a table if you want to dine. – 9761 1034).

The statistics regarding depression are quite staggering, with 1 in 5 people experiencing depression in their lifetime. This year alone 1,000,000 people in Australia will experience a depressive illness. For this reason, the Blackdog Ride is raising funds for Lamp Inc., an organisation that delivers a range of support services for mental health consumers, their families and friends in Bridgetown, Manjimup, Busselton and Margaret River. Through its livings skills program, Lamp assists consumers to work towards recovery, offering a range of social and skill building activities, such as music and art workshops. Lamp also provides support, information and education to families and carers of people with a mental illness.
    Apart from raising awareness of depression and funds for Lamp Inc., Steve is aiming to make this ride the BIGGEST Charity Ride in regional WA and an annual event.

Please help Steve make this a great event and register ASAP. Registration cost is $20 (donation to Lamp Inc.) and can be paid via the www.blackdogride.com.au
    Last edited by runa; 09-03-2010, 07:14 PM. Reason: Adding Details

Sounds good. I might try and make this. Would ride down on Saturday, stay overnight...

Comment

Good cause, away unfortunately

Comment

Great cause, would love to do this, might no be in perth

Comment

Mirkz

Comment

Sound like a great weekend

Comment

Looking into staying at the caravan park in Bridgetown so would ride down on Friday and chill for the weekend

Comment

Yah, cheers etholed, the first of many i hope. See you there!

Comment

I just checked the calander and I'm home so I'm in. Good cause.
                  Don't waste your face!

Comment

I met up with Steve when he came back to Perth @ Frasers.

Sadly for Him it must have seemed an anticlimax after the attention He received in the eastern states.

I hope there is a great turnout for this event. Please keep me posted !!!
                    Regards,

Sooty.

Another perfect day in paradise.

Comment

Several GuzziWA riders are doing the overnighter in Bridgetown. Any excuse for a pissup I recon
                      The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by AZAZL View Post
                        Several GuzziWA riders are doing the overnighter in Bridgetown. Any excuse for a pissup I recon
                        That's really what "chill" means Cya down there!!!...Where are you guys stayin?

Comment

got a few caravans booked
                          The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

BTW i have just heard that the hotel has a special upstairs section for ppls participating in the ride to meet! Be sure to book accommodation early.
                            Good one stubbs, see you there!
                            Last edited by runa; 09-03-2010, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Just booked accommodation and the Bridgetown Caravan Park.
                              Looking forward to the ride and a weekend away

Comment

Working...
                              X