Track days and insurrance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track days and insurrance

I was contemplating doing a track day but my insurrance company told me that if my bike even goes near atrack that there is definitely no cover at all. Is there any way around this such as a one day fee that any companies will take on to cover for track days and the like? I can't afford the risk if I should go down the road.

Nope, your bike is near impossible to insure.

Its amazing the amount of bikes that get droped on that road out near Waneroo raceway too. There are alot of wild animals that run out front of bikes in that area. Be carefull everyone.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Yup, wild cats, roos, even saw a fox (though they tend to hang out more in joondalup). Then you have the low flying birds and the odd bee or two. Even a lizzard basking on the road would be bad news at high speed.

Comment

Nope, your bike is near impossible to insure.

Its amazing the amount of bikes that get droped on that road out near Waneroo raceway too.  There are alot of wild animals that run out front of bikes in that area.  Be carefull everyone.
        Yeah, that and Erion Blades running sideways out of the last corner to!

Comment

hate how that wildlife causes accidents.....*pauses with a cheeky grin* and I bet the insurance companies hate them too
          Quote: "What do i like about the GP?......The Crumpet I S&#39;pose" <span style="font-family:Times">The Late Barry Sheene &#39;01</span>

Comment

Ohhh and Kirk, if you are going to do a track day. There is only one you should be going to this year:

www.perthextreme.com/trackday

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

hows this for lucky..I do the ride day braking & cornering( no insurance cause the tossers say no ...tossers ) so i do it anyway on the Busa...no worries had the best day out ( well almost if you take out the wheelie on the narrows with a bike cop going in the other direction and 8 or so witnesses ) anyway.
              next day riding to work , slightly damp , come to a round a bout & some tosser had taken the corner with some either diesel splashing out ( or a light oil ) and yup I lean like the road is not been booby trapped ( 40kph) and the next minute I am under the bastard hit the round about did some really good minor damage ( cosmetic excluding needing a new block ).
              Cops (like 20 cause i did it like 200mtrs from the station , 2 bikes 5 cars a fire engine the rangers , the mains road freaks and then no less than 10 tow trucks turn up ( fucking vultures cause not only do they nearly fight about it and to top it I call a bike transporter cause towies suckass , they also drive through the engine oil from the bike and spread it around the round about for another carcass assholes ) .

The cops asked the norm crap & see I wasnt speeding cuuse i wasnt dead & one of the bike cops says nice tyres ( still legal ) & sees the slick & then they all piss of cause they had nothing to book me with ...& the whole time I am thinking...I just did Fricking braking & cornering course...........

The whole point of the story is ..........if its gonna happen its gonna happen weather you take it easy or not...at least the track is controlled so dont let insurance slow you down ..it could happen just ride it.

Comment

How is it controlled?

Comment

Controlled..

no cars?
                  no speed limits (hardly controlled hehe)
                  instructors on call

Am i headin in the right direction? :?

Comment

Controlled..

no cars?
                    no speed limits (hardly controlled hehe)
                    instructors on call

Am i headin in the right direction?   :?
                    Thats right.

1) Everone is on bikes.
                    2) Everone is heading in the same direction.
                    3) There are no sudden obsticles to behead yourself on.
                    4) There is kitty litter in every critical spot, unlike the exit on Mill Point road which I take fast every time I hit it...
                    5) You are always in your full kit, unlike the road sometimes you can get a bit slack with the shorts and jumper.
                    6) The road is known and predictable cos its the same every time.
                    7) NO FUZZ!

ohhhh..... and there are PE BABES!!!!

Comment

ohhhh..... and there are PE BABES!!!!
                      BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

(\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(")

Comment

mmmm more babes ... and no cops
                        Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Re: Track days and insurrance

I was contemplating doing a track day but my insurrance company told me that if my bike even goes near atrack that there is definitely no cover at all. Is there any way around this such as a one day fee that any companies will take on to cover for track days and the like? I can't afford the risk if I should go down the road.

kirk is that you ??? (from R1.forum.com)

Comment

PE babes? who r they? pics??

Comment

Someone post pics of daise.. I wanna know if she's Hot Or Not ™

Comment

Working...
                              X