Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Photo Shoot 17th april 2011 all day # cancelled #

Hello all
    I am in the mood to do another photoshoot but somewhere different this time so i have decided to make this at Penguin Island near Rockingham, it should be a great day out ^_^
    Anyone is more than welcome to join

prices for the Penguin Island Ferry & Cruise Options can be found here Penguin Island

I have never been there before i was just told that is a great place for taking photos

The meet point is here Rockingham Wild Encounters- Swim with Wild Dolphins we will meet there at 8:40am i will be there just before 8:30am the Ferries depart at 9am every hour until 3pm the last ferry departs the island at 4pm sharp.

There is a local cafe room there with food and drinks at reasonable prices ^_^

There are no shops on the island so bring lunch before you come or get something from the local cafe.

In the afternoon we will go to Point Peron and take some photos up there Google Maps follow the road upto the end and take a left when you come to the carparks then park near the ocean.

Then for food we might go into rockinghams centre to get something to eat

Ferries cost is $17.50 for adults and $14.50 for kids aged (3-12 years)
    It includes: Unlimited use of the ferry and penguin feeding entry all day

Cruises cost is $34.50 for adults and $25.50 for kids
    Times are 10:15am, 11:15am and 1:15pm
    It includes: Glass bottom boat cruise, Unlimited use of the ferry, penguin feeding entry and sea lion cruise.

If someone has trouble finding us call me on my mobile 0458121441

Cheers
    Simon
    Arwon
    Last edited by Arwon; 17-04-2011, 08:25 PM.

For thoses of you who are coming please post up so i know who will be there on the day

Comment

Rocko beach is awesome to do this at too, just as the sun sets ...

Penguin Island would be good tho less people running about, i'm in either way i need some new pics of my baby
      Last edited by Aeesha; 10-04-2011, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeesha View Post
        Rocko beach is awesome to do this at too, just as the sun sets ...
        I guess we can go there afterwards depending on what everyone else wants to do

Comment

It's my girlfriends birthday so i wont be able to make it. if you get bored there or want a really good spot for sunsets head to point peron it overlooks the coast and there's a couple of rock masses out in the water and it's just up the road from penguin island. From the carpark you walk about 400m up a path and can set up on the cliffs. there's a bit of hazard tape but i've ignored that and gone past to the edge before

Google Maps
          Originally posted by CBRsairz
          assume nothing Macca, I've totally been cockblocked before :spiteful:

Comment

Alright maybe next time mate I hope you have fun at your Girl friends birthday

Cheers fir that spot I'll have to check it out ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Aeesha View Post

Penguin Island would be good tho less people running about, i'm in either way i need some new pics of my baby
              I'll see you on the day then if you have trouble finding me on the day my number is 0458121441

Comment

you can get shots like this (not one of mine, i haven't gotten round to doing a full shoot there yet but it's on the books)

and in this one you can see the rock formation in the background you can shoot from the cliff directly opposite it, it's a great spot for landscape work just remember to take any GND's you have

Comment

Cheers mate

This might sound stupid but what's GND's ?

Comment

Gradual Neutral density filters, similar to normal ND's except that instead of the whole filter blocking an even amount of light these start darkest at the top and become gradually light till they're clear around the half way point. They're good to use to balance the difference in exposure between sky and ground (if you don't want to exposure blend or similar in photoshop) i prefer them to doing it in photoshop

EDIT: check out Lee Filters for an overview and some sample shots if you are interested

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                      Gradual Neutral density filters, similar to normal ND's except that instead of the whole filter blocking an even amount of light these start darkest at the top and become gradually light till they're clear around the half way point. They're good to use to balance the difference in exposure between sky and ground (if you don't want to exposure blend or similar in photoshop) i prefer them to doing it in photoshop

EDIT: check out Lee Filters for an overview and some sample shots if you are interested
                      Im just looking at some now on ebay thanks for the hint

Edit.. Just ordered one i hope it comes intime

Comment

if you get some look at the cokin z-series, They're much cheaper than lee or singh filters and the filter holders will hold the lee/singh filters if you decide to upgrade to save you some money

Comment

also make sure you get the right size adapter ring for your lens

Comment

if you get some look at the cokin z-series, They're much cheaper than lee or singh filters and the filter holders will hold the lee/singh filters if you decide to upgrade to save you some money
                            also make sure you get the right size adapter ring for your lens
                            will do mate i just ordered a cheapie for now and will look at getting what you've got

Comment

which ones?

Comment

Working...
                              X